TSN: Kerry Fraser exposes Gallagher

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I hate Gallagher because he's a Hab but, as a player, I appreciate his grit. He's still a kid so hopefully he smartens up with the little shenanigans.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'm glad the refs did not reward that little show he put on in front of the net.
I realize he was trying to draw a penalty to keep his team in the game but that was an embarrassing display.
He's a great player, I like the grit and irritating nature of his play but I absolutely hate the diving. I hated it with Marchand too and I'm glad our management read him the riot act on that stuff.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Those antics are not performed in front of their net because the referees protect them. They crosscheck clutch and grab in front of their net.

Suck it up and move on.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Gallagher embellishes every ounce of body contact. He's not the first undersized player to play this game with balls. The flair, head snaps, and theatrics will only hurt him in the long run (as it did the other night).

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
say what you want about this little guy, but i could see him single handedly taking the bruins off thete game in a 7 game series.
wouldnt want any part of mtl in the playoffs with our current d.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Anyone care to wager we see a dive tonight that makes Gallagher's appear like he's was fighting through a check like a bulldog???:)

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Here's what bugs me from Fraser's comments:

"The next obvious question you will ask is if the referee deemed there was embellishment, then why not assess offsetting penalties?"

That would not be my question. My question would be:

If the referee deemed there was embellishment, then why not assess a diving/embellishment penalty?

It seems to me that embellishment is rarely, if ever, called on it's own, and there are plenty of times it could be.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

"The next obvious question you will ask is if the referee deemed there was embellishment, then why not assess offsetting penalties?"

If the referee deemed there was embellishment, then why not assess a diving/embellishment penalty?

It seems to me that embellishment is rarely, if ever, called on it's own, and there are plenty of times it could be.

Yes x 1,000,000. If the refs would just call the dives alone it would eliminate 95% of the dives, embellishments and just plain piss poor acting out there.

qc

Aug 23, 2011

This is the problem to me.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Had to stop reading it once I got to this part so I could come here and quote it:

HERE'S A NOVEL CONCEPT; CALL THE ****ING DIVE. (and ONLY the dive)

Why in the hell do refs not do this? I don't get it.

Never understood it either Rick. The solution to at least decreasing diving is right there (call the dive on its own) but they just don't seem to do it with any sort of frequency.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I'm loving the main board and the back and forth with Habs fans saying that others teams just dive as much. One guy put a compilation of Bruins Dives.. Its 1:50.. A simple Youtube search for "Montreal Canadiens Dives" and theres like 5-10 videos that could be like 3-4 mins.

chippa13*

god..page 1 of this thread....seriously!!!

same old people...same old story

Homers 'til the end!

chippa13*

I'm loving the main board and the back and forth with Habs fans saying that others teams just dive as much. One guy put a compilation of Bruins Dives.. Its 1:50.. A simple Youtube search for "Montreal Canadiens Dives" and theres like 5-10 videos that could be like 3-4 mins.

Try

Embellishment City

Like a Brad Marchand Instructional diving video

"I tried to Draw 5"

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec

Guess you now know how he ref'ed.:laugh:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
say what you want about this little guy, but i could see him single handedly taking the bruins off thete game in a 7 game series.
wouldnt want any part of mtl in the playoffs with our current d.

Hab's, Bruins, Gallagher, 7 game series.... all in the same sentence? :laugh:

Do you honestly believe the Hab's and Gallagher will still be standing up, If by miracle they push it to a game 6 ?. :help:

member 96824

Hate Gallagher's sweater, love his style of play..minus the diving but he truly is no worse than Marchand or Savard were.

Wish Marchand would drive the net as hard as that kid does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->