Kerby Rychel

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Given that info, I'd be inclined to conclude that Bleackley won't get it done. We've got more checking center types than we know what to do with; we kind of need better playmaking ability. Sorry for getting your hopes up. :)

What are your guys thoughts on Grigorenko in that case? He still has a lot of potential despite Buffalo brining him up too early (now we have to round out his game at this level instead of in the AHL). Solid defender with good size and definitely has a very high ceiling in the playmaking department.

If Rychel even wants out still.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What are your guys thoughts on Grigorenko in that case? He still has a lot of potential despite Buffalo brining him up too early (now we have to round out his game at this level instead of in the AHL). Solid defender with good size and definitely has a very high ceiling in the playmaking department.

If Rychel even wants out still.
Given that he's getting NHL playing time now, I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Still curious what the perception on Grigo is outside of Colorado. And with your centers throughout the org it seems like you guys would be a good group to ask since you could use a guy like him, style wise.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Still curious what the perception on Grigo is outside of Colorado. And with your centers throughout the org it seems like you guys would be a good group to ask since you could use a guy like him, style wise.

I don't know much about Grigo, but yes we could use a high upside center, even if he's somewhat of a project.

We have more of an abundance of wing prospects so we could swap him for Milano/Bjorkstrand (I'm not suggesting one-for-one as I don't know the values), but seeing that Colorado is looking for immediate help, the only thing the Jackets can offer is Hartnell, maybe with a bit retained. Rychel is not available.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

Grigorenko has all the talent to be very, very good. Unfortunately something is missing. I think he's a hockey Jamarcus Russell. I would take a flyer on him for a low pick- like 5th round.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Milano and Bjork should not be available either. We should be trying to ADD prospects, not just swap them.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Grigorenko has all the talent to be very, very good. Unfortunately something is missing. I think he's a hockey Jamarcus Russell. I would take a flyer on him for a low pick- like 5th round.

I'll admit I haven't watched him enough and I don't know what you think is missing.

But any big 21 year old who produces like he has the last couple years is going to be worth a lot more than a 5th rounder.

Would you trade William Karlsson for a 5th rounder? Because Grigo, despite being a good bit younger, has double the scoring rate and better stats across the board.

Milano and Bjork should not be available either. We should be trying to ADD prospects, not just swap them.

I'm not proposing a one for one because I don't know these guys enough, though Grigorenko could very well be better than both. But my question is: How young do you want this team to be? You're either trading mature players for prospects or your trading prospects for prospects, and we're already the babies of the NHL.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He's been pretty invisible for the past month. Not that he looks out of place, but I don't notice him anymore like I used to

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
If we traded Hartnell I would love to see Rychel play higher up on a top line just to see what he has got. He could be a great third liner but it would be nice to see if he has more offense.

vertigo1061

Jan 10, 2016
Just not impressed with what i've seen. Never know, but he's not jumping out to me at any point when he's on the ice.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Rychel's just getting his feet wet in the league.

He's averaged less than 10 minutes per game and scoring at close to a 30 point pace. He's averaged almost a point per game this year in the AHL which is quite impressive.

He's 21 years old and it appears that his development is being soundly handled by the Jackets. He's getting a taste of the NHL after a season and a half in the AHL. He's producing NHL points at a much higher rate than either Calvert or Karlsson.

Should Hartnell get traded as expected, then Rychel will go into training camp next season almost assured of a top 9 spot.

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
And Jenner. That line was the best thing for a game or two. I do think Rychel is lagging compared to what he was doing, but, linemates, yeah.

Lagging is going to happen when you are playing 11 minutes a night; especially if your idea of lagging is related to your production (not saying that is anyone here). He's had some good shifts with Karlsson as well.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Lagging is going to happen when you are playing 11 minutes a night; especially if your idea of lagging is related to your production (not saying that is anyone here). He's had some good shifts with Karlsson as well.

Hell, he only had 5:59 TOi last night.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
What will likely happen to Rychel if/when Clarkson finally comes back? Borque could be a healthy scratch, but I think I would rather see Rychel sent back to the A to get top-6 minutes rather than continue on at ~8 min/night playing on this fourth line. Would this do any more damage to the seemingly already strained relationship between his camp and the CBJ organization?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What will likely happen to Rychel if/when Clarkson finally comes back? Borque could be a healthy scratch, but I think I would rather see Rychel sent back to the A to get top-6 minutes rather than continue on at ~8 min/night playing on this fourth line. Would this do any more damage to the seemingly already strained relationship between his camp and the CBJ organization?

My thought is if they sell it as opportunity to play, get some playoff experience and let him know the job is his to lose for next year then I would hope he'd go and be productive down there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad