Kerby Rychel

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Chart doesn't surprise me, because it's what I see in Campbell, and because it's the same thing he did last year before Jarmo inexplicably decided to throw money at him.

Rychel and Anderson should be up here next year, hopefully to push Campbell into a 13th forward role.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
it did me- I came here looking for the latest on Rychel :laugh:

Chart doesn't surprise me, because it's what I see in Campbell, and because it's the same thing he did last year before Jarmo inexplicably decided to throw money at him.

Rychel and Anderson should be up here next year, hopefully to push Campbell into a 13th forward role.

I agree with Espen. You guys have a funny way of spelling Rychel.

How is he doing in Lake Erie since he was sent down?

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

And that's what is the problem with having so many 4th liners signed - Campbell, Boll, Clarkson, etc it doesn't allow much/any room for the kids to break in unless we have an injury.

We either leave them in Cleveland, play them 7 minutes a night on 4th line (and pay a guy to sit), or wait for an injury to one of the other one way contracts to get hurt.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
And that's what is the problem with having so many 4th liners signed - Campbell, Boll, Clarkson, etc it doesn't allow much/any room for the kids to break in unless we have an injury.

We either leave them in Cleveland, play them 7 minutes a night on 4th line (and pay a guy to sit), or wait for an injury to one of the other one way contracts to get hurt.

That's not a problem at all. The AHL is for developing. The NHL is for winning.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

So you're with a 4th line with guys with no potential to ever play in the top 9? And then having all your top 9 locked up for multiple seasons?

So explain to me how you break in a guy like Rychel if he has a great camp next year? You slide him on 4th line with Boll and Campbell playing 6-7 minutes a night? If not on the 4th line you don't have room for him in top 9 unless you buy out or trade someone else.

Maybe it's just me but I would prefer to have a 4th line with guys that help the team win - not just skate real hard for a few minutes a night.

Roll 4 lines who can actually play hockey. Novel concept I know the CBJ have done it a few times in the past.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
So you're with a 4th line with guys with no potential to ever play in the top 9? And then having all your top 9 locked up for multiple seasons?

So explain to me how you break in a guy like Rychel if he has a great camp next year? You slide him on 4th line with Boll and Campbell playing 6-7 minutes a night? If not on the 4th line you don't have room for him in top 9 unless you buy out or trade someone else.

Maybe it's just me but I would prefer to have a 4th line with guys that help the team win - not just skate real hard for a few minutes a night.

Roll 4 lines who can actually play hockey. Novel concept I know the CBJ have done it a few times in the past.

With Rychel and Wild Bill as guys who could make the 4th line interesting, Boll and Campbell do complicate things

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If we didn't have Borque, Boll, Clarkson and Campbell, and the rookies weren't performing we would be complaining that we rushed them or if they were hurt that we disn't have any depth. Borque is gone soon, Boll and Campbell will be gone after next year.

That 1) gives us depth in case of injury (the kids) and 2) forces those kids to really prove they're ready. Does any one not remember Torts saying Rychel didn't show enough to stick around? He's got to be able to OUTPERFORM both on and off the ice, on the stat sheet and in all the little things. They want a bona-fide NHL player in the top 9, Rychel isn't there yet.

It's not like he doesn't trust in kids, we have two kids centering our top 9. Wennberg and Karlsson have set high standards imo.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

Boy, you're putting an awful lot of words in my mouth! If you knew me or my previous posts at all, you'd know I hate Campbell's game, see no place on the roster for Boll and HATE that we got rid of MacKenzie and Letestu. Nice trolling, though.

The whole point of development is getting Rychel - or anyone else - to the point where they break the door down, making one of these chumps we have on the 4th line expendable. Once he's here, Torts will juggle the lines to put him wherever his play will help the team most.

Saving a spot on the 2nd line in hopes a prospect will show himself in training camp is what losers do. And we should know. We've seen plenty of it over the years.

Logical

Aug 25, 2015
Skull
Special teams are still a thing so it would probably be best to keep Campbell in the lineup. Good chance Rychel slips ahead of Calvert next year on the 3rd line with Bill and Bjorkstrand. Anderson would fit well with Calvert and Campbell. Boll and Clarkson can slot in from time to time.

Then again I don't see Rychel making it past the draft.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Special teams are still a thing so it would probably be best to keep Campbell in the lineup. Good chance Rychel slips ahead of Calvert next year on the 3rd line with Bill and Bjorkstrand. Anderson would fit well with Calvert and Campbell. Boll and Clarkson can slot in from time to time.

Then again I don't see Rychel making it past the draft.

You're missing a guy. We have 7 established scorers before including Bill, Calvert, or Bjorkstrand.

In my book, Dubi and Jenner should both be centering along with Wennberg, and Karlsson centering the 4th line. That leaves a battle between Calvert and Rychel for the third line LW spot, and a battle among prospects for the third RW spot (I'd be surprised if it's not Bjorkstrand). And if we're lucky Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson is a great 4th line.

There isn't a shortage of PK forwards but I do think Campbell is good injury insurance.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Boy, you're putting an awful lot of words in my mouth! If you knew me or my previous posts at all, you'd know I hate Campbell's game, see no place on the roster for Boll and HATE that we got rid of MacKenzie and Letestu. Nice trolling, though.

The whole point of development is getting Rychel - or anyone else - to the point where they break the door down, making one of these chumps we have on the 4th line expendable. Once he's here, Torts will juggle the lines to put him wherever his play will help the team most.

Saving a spot on the 2nd line in hopes a prospect will show himself in training camp is what losers do. And we should know. We've seen plenty of it over the years.

I was responding to you saying:

So call it trolling or whatever. But you were saying you saw no problem with our roster clogged up with the guys you now say you dislike.

But rant on - my point is simple we have too much overpaid trash clogging up our roster and we need space for the kids to play. You can agree, disagree or whatever, that's the problem I see and what I was "trolling" about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad