Rumor: Kerby Rychel being offered in exchange for a D man

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Don't want Bieksa...so no...

but I also think Anderson will be a 20g scorer with a lot of grit on out third line in a few years...

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
That's fairly unlikely. We'll be lucky if Anderson becomes as good as Boll.

I worry about the players that "transition" positions later in their playing careers. Anderson was drafted to play forward although he had just started transitioning from defense at 18. Will he stick? I don't know, not without moving a few pieces, Rychel being one of them. I just hope he ends up better than Dalton Smith, who the CBJ took in the second round a few years ago and shipped him off to Tampa. Maybe this next season in Cleveland will change my mind, but I don't see him being a 20 goal scorer at the AHL or NHL level. When I look at Anderson, I think Andrew Murray, a guy the CBJ drafted late in 2001 and didn't break into the NHL for good for a while, hell, I don't think he played regularly until Hitch was the coach. Similar type of styles. Anderson might have more of a mean streak to him. If he eventually settled into a fourth line mainstay with 25 point capability and shows good physicality, I think it's a big win

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Anderson doesn't have pro finish but he's going to be a full time NHLer sometime in the next couple years. He's a really good forechecker. Due to lack of finish he'd be lucky to score 30 pts on the chances he creates, but I can see him sticking in the bottom six somewhere.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Interesting to consider: after this offseason, 3 out of the 4 pieces traded for Nash in 2012 could be out of the organization.

Erixon is gone
Arty is rumored to be on the block due to the vast forward depth the team has
Rychel is rumored to be on the block for defensive help....

On Dubi might remain after this offseason

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Interesting to consider: after this offseason, 3 out of the 4 pieces traded for Nash in 2012 could be out of the organization.

Erixon is gone

True but as we follow the trade tree into the future it could yield unforetold riches.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego

Erixon is gone

Could be gone, possibly, yes. But I don't look at it like the value is gone or anything.

I still would do the trade over in a second. Erixon was flipped for Morin. Rychel is still here, or expected/rumored to be traded for solid value. And Anisimov is still is one of our top 9 forwards, playing 17+ minutes a night.

Meanwhile, a lot of Rangers fans are having a serious short-sighted love-hate relationship with Nash. After a great, productive regular season where he scored more goals than he ever did in Columbus, some NYR fans are ready to kick him to the curb due to playoff performance. And he is getting past his prime. I would think Dubinsky has more trade value at this moment in time.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Could be gone, possibly, yes. But I don't look at it like the value is gone or anything.

I still would do the trade over in a second. Erixon was flipped for Morin. Rychel is still here, or expected/rumored to be traded for solid value. And Anisimov is still is one of our top 9 forwards, playing 17+ minutes a night.

Meanwhile, a lot of Rangers fans are having a serious short-sighted love-hate relationship with Nash. After a great, productive regular season where he scored more goals than he ever did in Columbus, some NYR fans are ready to kick him to the curb due to playoff performance. And he is getting past his prime. I would think Dubinsky has more trade value at this moment in time.

Not to mention, you can't base how good a trade is just on that. You also have to look at what you got from the players when you had them. You can't just say, oh, Anisimov is gone after this year. You have to look at what he brought while he was here on top of what we might get for him.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Erixon is gone

Where is there a rumor (not speculation but a rumor) that Arty could be on the trade block?

True but as we follow the trade tree into the future it could yield unforetold riches.

Agree.

Where's that picture of a cackling Howson holding the stack of cash?

Cackling Howson would be a good band name.

Not to mention, you can't base how good a trade is just on that. You also have to look at what you got from the players when you had them. You can't just say, oh, Anisimov is gone after this year. You have to look at what he brought while he was here on top of what we might get for him.

Especially this.

PCH

Midwest Hockey
Apr 15, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
Don't want Bieksa...so no...

but I also think Anderson will be a 20g scorer with a lot of grit on out third line in a few years...

I do feel like this could be true for Rychel, though, who strikes me as a Jenner-lite (similar numbers in Juniors.. both big,rugged players).

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Trading anything of value for Kevin Bieksa is crazy at this point, Anderson, or our latest 2nd.

34 years old
UFA at the end of the season
4.6 mil cap hit this year for a guy that, by likely all accounts will be a third pairing guy most nights and would likely only be moved up in the event of injury. Bieksa 4 or 5 uears ago, yes, now, CBJ would be pairing prime price for a one year rental of 5th or 6th defenseman on an average night.

yes, Ryan Murray's Creaky knees worry me. But Bieksa for anything of significant value is not the right move.

And please spare the "RH shot" title....

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Trading anything of value for Kevin Bieksa is crazy at this point, Anderson, or our latest 2nd.

34 years old
UFA at the end of the season
4.6 mil cap hit this year for a guy that, by likely all accounts will be a third pairing guy most nights and would likely only be moved up in the event of injury. Bieksa 4 or 5 uears ago, yes, now, CBJ would be pairing prime price for a one year rental of 5th or 6th defenseman on an average night.

yes, Ryan Murray's Creaky knees worry me. But Bieksa for anything of significant value is not the right move.

And please spare the "RH shot" title....

Agreed, not the best option from Vancouver. Would rather give up better assets for Edler, Hamhuis or Tanev.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Agreed, not the best option from Vancouver. Would rather give up better assets for Edler, Hamhuis or Tanev.

I think the team has the assets to landed Edler, or another of the ones you listed in the offseason thread. Will they? Dunno.... But they finally have the assets to make it happen without crippling themselves in the process.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
We've had such great success taking on former Canucks, I mean who can forget the Scott Lachance and Anson Carter eras.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
We've had such great success taking on former Canucks, I mean who can forget the Scott Lachance and Anson Carter eras.

Those guys had very little to nothing left in the tank. It's a sign of times and the depth and assets the CBJ can now afford to go after younger, bigger and better players.

That was a lifetime ago, in terms of organizational strength. Settling for a 34 year old Kevin Bieksa, all while sacrificing a better than Bieksa asset, is unacceptable. If you aren't going after a player of Edler's caliber, CBJ have no business talking to Vancouver unless it's to unload someone's rights for a pick.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Those guys had very little to nothing left in the tank. It's a sign of times and the depth and assets the CBJ can now afford to go after younger, bigger and better players.

Lachance was 29 when he was signed and had plenty left in the tank.

He was simply awful.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Package Rychel, 2016 1st and one of the 2015 2nds and get a Dman. Go big or go home. Draft Rantanen and fill Rychels spot in the pool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad