C Kent Johnson - Cleveland Monsters, AHL (2021, 5th, CBJ)

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Kent Johnson has been on fire to start this year in the BCHL, he is currently tied for the league lead in scoring and looks very much like one to watch for next year’s draft. Will be playing his draft season, with lots of eyes on him, at Michigan.

Your typical silky offensive forward, he runs the PP well, looks like more of a passing threat at this point, but there’s some goal scoring ability in him too. Good frame at 6’1, still needs to put on about 30 pounds, but I don’t foresee size being an issue for him.

I didn’t pay attention to Trail last year, but I’ll be sure to catch their games when I get the chance. If anyone else has seen him, love to hear your thoughts.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Looks like a very interesting player, will be following him to see how he develops.

It's also very interesting to see Pentiction blowing up the league with a 10-10-0-0 start with Flyers first rounder Jay O'Brien and other descendants of former NHLers on that roster.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Kent Johnson has been on fire to start this year in the BCHL, he is currently tied for the league lead in scoring and looks very much like one to watch for next year’s draft. Will be playing his draft season, with lots of eyes on him, at Michigan.

Your typical silky offensive forward, he runs the PP well, looks like more of a passing threat at this point, but there’s some goal scoring ability in him too. Good frame at 6’1, still needs to put on about 30 pounds, but I don’t foresee size being an issue for him.

I didn’t pay attention to Trail last year, but I’ll be sure to catch their games when I get the chance. If anyone else has seen him, love to hear your thoughts.

He's a late birthday, so eligible for 2021, right?

Reactions: tealhockey

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Named player of the week for the 2nd time this year. Guy is an animal. I’ve caught 10 games of his now this year and he’s very similar, stylistically, to Marner. A 100 point season is well within reach for him.

Reactions: Dominance

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Sounds like a doctor name or something...

Dr. Kent Johnson
My first thought was a Simpsons character but that also works.

BTW,much earlier senior versions of the Smoke Eaters won world ice hockey championships as independent clubs who represented Canada in 1939 and 1961.
They have a really cool mural on the side of their arena depicting some of that history.

The Smole Eaters name comes from the fact that Trail is home to a large lead smelter with a couple of giant smoke stacks which loom over the town.The smokes not bad these days but was pretty significant back in the day.My grandparents lived there in the 40’s but had to leave due to respiratory problems.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
On pace to crush Newhook’s draft -1 production, albeit he’s old for his draft class and this is his sophomore BCHL season whereas Newhook’s was his rookie BCHL season. Pretty similar pace to Newhook’s season last year though. Elite production any way you slice it.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
My first thought was a Simpsons character but that also works.

BTW,much earlier senior versions of the Smoke Eaters won world ice hockey championships as independent clubs who represented Canada in 1939 and 1961.
They have a really cool mural on the side of their arena depicting some of that history.

The Smole Eaters name comes from the fact that Trail is home to a large lead smelter with a couple of giant smoke stacks which loom over the town.The smokes not bad these days but was pretty significant back in the day.My grandparents lived there in the 40’s but had to leave due to respiratory problems.

Beat me to the punch. Such a storied name and hockey team.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Listed at #10 in Button’s early look at the 2021 draft. Leading the league in goals and assists. 8 points up on his teammate Colella, (the league’s second highest scorer) - and 13 points up on Flyers’ first rounder Jay O’Brien (3rd-leading scorer)

Pretty damn impressive pace. Can’t believe some of the things this guy does with the puck - he has such amazing hands.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Almost 50 (47) points already in 24 games so far this season. Points wisely, super impressive.

BCHL top scorers this season

1. Kent Johnson | Trail Smoke Eaters | 19+28=47
2. Michael Colella | Trail Smoke Eaters | 13+24=37
3. Jay O'Brien | Penticton Vees | 14+20=34
4. Brendan Budy | Langley Rivermen | 11+20=31
5. Owen Ozar | Trial Smoke Eaters | 11+20=31
6. Holden Katzalay | Surrey Eagles | 14+14=28
7. Danny Weight | Penticton Vees | 10+18=28
8. Akito Hirose | Salmon Arm Silverbacks | 4+24=28
9. Luc Wilson | Cowihcan Valley Capitals | 11+16=27
10. Noah Wakeford | Salmon Arm Silverbacks | 10+15=25

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I haven't heard him mentioned yet but he deserves to have his name placed on the 2021 draft top-end watch list.

A late 2002 birthdate committed to Michigan State, he was one of Trail best forwards as a 15-16 year old - and Trail is one of the top teams in the BCHL. 6'1, 167 lb. Center. 57GP 20G 26A 46Pts. Has anyone seen him play?

Trail Smoke Eaters
Committed to Michigan

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
Listed at #10 in Button’s early look at the 2021 draft. Leading the league in goals and assists. 8 points up on his teammate Colella, (the league’s second highest scorer) - and 13 points up on Flyers’ first rounder Jay O’Brien (3rd-leading scorer)

Pretty damn impressive pace. Can’t believe some of the things this guy does with the puck - he has such amazing hands.

Embarssing

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
This kid is something else, looks good.

Yeah he has been outstanding this season. Just magical with the puck on his stick. It will be very interesting to see how his game translates to the next level at Michigan next season.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Yeah he has been outstanding this season. Just magical with the puck on his stick. It will be very interesting to see how his game translates to the next level at Michigan next season.
They need him too, he'll get a lot of ice time. Assuming Beecher doesn't sign and York can stay healthy they're going to be like Wisconsin is this year, next year. Though this kid could be better than Holloway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad