Speculation: Kent Hughes press conference (Jan 18 12:30PM TSN690)

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Just watched the Hughes PC.
Man is this guy ever sharp and focused.
We are lucky to have Kent Hughes and Jeff Gorton.
Refreshing eh...............man the PC's of past with MB were legendary, rinse and repeat.
Gotta like how he used to say, that C's and 1st round picks were not avaialble, and they were the TWO things Hughes did just weeks/months on the job.....

We have TWO guys, in HuGo who will right this ship............

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't think PK's work with the children's hospital is only about PK, for example. Does he want the cameras rolling when he does it? Sure. But that doesn't mean he doesn't genuinely like doing the charity work that he does.

Don't let the haters fool you.

A guy who only wants the spotlight wouldn't have the fans chant the little girls name. It was a night honoring him and he still made sure to give a boost to a kid in need.

PK loves attention but he has a very good heart.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
A guy who only wants the spotlight wouldn't have the fans chant the little girls name. It was a night honoring him and he still made sure to give a boost to a kid in need.

You so right , so many are caught in the narrative they forget to see how unselfish he was that night . On his night .
He has a very good heart . But haters will hate .

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
it seems like such a low bar, but isn’t it refreshing to have a competent GM conduct an informative press conference with intelligence & grace Vs the the unpredictable clown “side show bergy” and the circus we’d become accustomed to!

Hughes mentioned that player development is a top priority throughout the organization and that he welcomes input from all of his staff. More importantly he seems to encourage his personnel to come to him with individual supportive development ideas, not the cookie cutter approach of down to the AHL for “more grind” and “try harder”.

Gorton & Hughes may not be Sammy & Scotty but they are light years ahead of where we’ve been recently.
Cheers

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Kent looked in the bag. Those wretched contracts must have beat him up some. :sarcasm: A striking contrast to how he looked coming in.

Reactions: Runner77

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I would not say that getting Dach is influential ´at this point ´ for the tank.
Our offense would be a bit weaker, but if you still had Romanov in the back end instead of Kovacevic, our back end would be stronger.
For the long term, pretty sure Dach will have much more impact than Romanov, but not for the present season.

I didn't say not trade Romanov. Trade him and keep the Isles pick instead of getting Dach.

Reactions: Wats

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I didn't say not trade Romanov. Trade him and keep the Isles pick instead of getting Dach.
I used to think this as well but after seeing Dach play and Montreal's mediocre drafting/development success, changed my mind. Getting Caufield and having him develop was a miracle on its own, not sure we can realistically expect someone better than Dach with another prospect.

Reactions: badfish and Kimota

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Don't let PK fool you, hes an opportunist.

PK does whats best for PK and his image.
You know rich people can become much richer by doing a ton of other things all the while having a good image. Why do people hate on rich people actually choosing to help the community, makes no sense.

Reactions: rickthegoon

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I used to think this as well but after seeing Dach play and Montreal's mediocre drafting/development success, changed my mind. Getting Caufield and having him develop was a miracle on its own, not sure we can realistically expect someone better than Dach with another prospect.

Yea I mean Dach is great, I do not regret getting him. All I was saying was to properly tank, if we really wanted to tank, we would have kept the pick.

Reactions: Wats

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
anyone catch this? what did he say?

I didn't see this. In fact, when I posted the tweet, I then realized the interview was already done. I checked TVA Sports website earlier but the interview wasn't up yet.

Hughes was also on RDS on the show 5 à 7. So he simply did the media rounds.

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
I didn't see this. In fact, when I posted the tweet, I then realized the interview was already done. I checked TVA Sports website earlier but the interview wasn't up yet.

Hughes was also on RDS on the show 5 à 7. So he simply did the media rounds.
If you post both interviews I promise I will like your post!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
it seems like such a low bar, but isn’t it refreshing to have a competent GM conduct an informative press conference with intelligence & grace Vs the the unpredictable clown “side show bergy” and the circus we’d become accustomed to!

Hughes mentioned that player development is a top priority throughout the organization and that he welcomes input from all of his staff. More importantly he seems to encourage his personnel to come to him with individual supportive development ideas, not the cookie cutter approach of down to the AHL for “more grind” and “try harder”.

Gorton & Hughes may not be Sammy & Scotty but they are light years ahead of where we’ve been recently.
Cheers
Hughes and Gorton are Terence Hill and Bud Spencer.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Yea I mean Dach is great, I do not regret getting him. All I was saying was to properly tank, if we really wanted to tank, we would have kept the pick.
If no Dach we would still have Romanov, not a pick though.

Plus he’s great, he’s developing more than fine but he doesn’t ruin the tank, Suzuki and Caufield either even if we won some games because of them. It’s the vets who f*cks up the tank sometimes with their sudden bunch of goals before going back to do nothing for many games.

They’re going naturally and it’s going to be like that next year and next few years, it doesn’t end suddenly next season.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hughes has been on a milk run, doing extensive interviews with several mainstream outlets.

Here’s one (over 12 minutes) with the Habs’ Franco games broadcast rights holder, 98.5 FM:

Here Hughes mentions that they’re not waiting for the deadline to make moves, nor do they need to know where the market is headed in order to act — they are ready to trade right now, if there is any deal to be had that helps improve the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: First Line

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here we have more than 8 minutes of Kent Hughes being interviewed on RDS’ 5 à 7, Thursday afternoon:

Le 5 a 7 | RDS.ca (scroll down on right hand menu)

Last edited:
Reactions: First Line

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022

He had to ask her to kiss him on the cheek at the end for extra style points 😂

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad