Confirmed with Link: Kent Hughes named GM (No political talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Surely I'm not only one who's amused by us going from the fully tatted, purple suit-wearing MB to this dude, who looks like a partner in audit at KPMG

17522dd2043f362db0f5f274083fa9cf.jpg

Reactions: Hope Of Glory

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Jeff Gorton
Kent Hughes

Is it just me or I finally smell some experience and qualifications for the 1st time in decades....and I'm talking about the combinations of the two here.

I feel so much more comfortable with those two than with Molson and Bergevin at the top.
Now I would like someone with shit tons of experience in drafting and scouting to finish the trio.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
If it was a new Leafs GM, every single point would be about them and what their favorite color is etc...

Reactions: Gravity

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Can't tell if this is legit or some tool pretending to be him by retweeting all Habs news of the day :huh:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Remember what happened the last time the Habs used Savard as an advisor?

In fairness, MB was a great GM candidate...

The issue wasn't hiring him, it was the very narrow-sighted massive extension he got on the back of the inherited roster playing up to expectations & massive injury luck...

The extension, and then letting him stay in charge for years after it was evident he wasn't fit for the role, is fully on Molson.

Savard clued in to the mistake early, had he been in charge or influential, MB would've been canned far far sooner.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Like that they went outside the old boys club with this pick, hopefully this is the beginning of a new era of quality hires of smart people who can do their jobs.

I don't expect him to start trading people right away, still lots of time for that, but this is a good time to hire because with the all-star break not too far away he'll be able to meet with the other G.M.s in the league, although I'm sure they're all aware of who he is.

He & Gorton need to get hiring. Positions to fill:

• Director of Amateur Scouting
  • Director of Pro Scouting
  • Director of Player Development
  • Director of Analytics
  • Director of Goaltending
  • Head Scout Europe West
  • Head Scout Europe East
  • Head Scout USA
  • Head Scout QMJHL
  • Skills coaches, and internal skating coaches
  • Assistant General Manager (Laval)

They also need a new Head Coach and Associate Coach. DD & Burrows need to be fired this year. Do it at All-Star break. Montreal will probably have a few days after to practice before playing again.

Then from All-star break to TD, start the rebuild.

Congratulations Hughes! There's lots of work to do, but welcome aboard!

Reactions: themilosh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad