Recalled/Assigned: Kempe recalled, Strome assigned to Tucson

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Wait a second. Am I reading this right? Tucson's first game was October 7th. Their 2nd game is 7 days later on October 14th and their 3rd game isn't until 7 days later on October 21st? What the ****?!?!? I have to be reading that wrong. Right?
That doesn't make much sense if the idea was to send him down to get minutes. Maybe they wanted him to focus on working with braid some more, or putting on more muscle?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Tucson will play back to back games the 21st and 22nd. Is it that difficult to look at a schedule?? ;)
I'm not stupid. I don't think that they're some how going to play fewer games this season. Try to give the benefit of the doubt and reassess my message. I'm not worried that they won't play enough games. That should be obvious. I'm saying that the scheduling is f***ing stupid.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Yeah AHL schedules aren't as bad as CHL, but they're skewed heavily toward weekends. Means a bit less travel and more practice time.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The thing about Rinaldo and Kempe is that they can be the healthy scratches with nobody batting an eyelash. And I would hope Strome is not going to "sit" in the AHL... ;)

Why will Kempe be a healthy scratch? If he is, he should be in Tuscon.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Why will Kempe be a healthy scratch? If he is, he should be in Tuscon.

We're carrying 23 players on the roster. Rinaldo is scratched for two more games - that means two other players, a forward and a defenseman, are healthy scratches every night. Would you rather Strome be one of those scratches or Kempe? My vote is Kempe. :D

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We're carrying 23 players on the roster. Rinaldo is scratched for two more games - that means two other players, a forward and a defenseman, are healthy scratches every night. Would you rather Strome be one of those scratches or Kempe? My vote is Kempe. :D

Neither. Send Kempe to Tucson.:D

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah AHL schedules aren't as bad as CHL, but they're skewed heavily toward weekends. Means a bit less travel and more practice time.

That's not my concern. Loading up the weekends is smart. I wish the NHL would do that. I'd love to see the schedule smooshed to mostly Thursday through Sunday. I'd also like to see the season start three weeks sooner and have ten fewer regular season games. There are too many games in a week and too many weeknight games in general.

My complaint is that the Roadrunners have ONE game per weekend so many weeks in a row. That's what's stupid. If they had two games last weekend, two games this weekend, and two games next weekend, I wouldn't have made a peep. It's just idiotic to me that the AHL essentially threw away an entire month of Roadrunners scheduling, and they have to have every other month crammed back full of games to accommodate. Tucson got f***ed. That's my gripe.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Kempe was praised throughout training camp. One bad game and he's the new whipping boy? What gives?

It's been 3 games. 10 games is a better marker, right?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad