Proposal: Keller for Alex Nylander+

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
...? I'm sure the poster isn't a member of the Sabres organization who's been watching camp daily.

From what I've seen from him in the preseason, he's actually impressed me quite a bit.

He basically admitted it by putting the + together with Nylander. Why would you add for a prospect who was ranked lower? I've very well seen plenty of Sabres fans claiming that he turns over the puck too much.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
He basically admitted it by putting the + together with Nylander. Why would you add for a prospect who was ranked lower? I've very well seen plenty of Sabres fans claiming that he turns over the puck too much.

Why would you assume that? He didn't say that, and it hasn't been reported that way by the local media. It means he liked Keller more than Nylander before the draft. Murray is still considering him for the opening night roster (I'd rather see him in the AHL). He can't be having that bad of a camp.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
From what I've heard Nylander hasn't been as impressive as people thought at camp. So it seems to me that OP is pressing the panic button.

You realize this is all pretend right? The poster is not actually a GM. From the OP it's pretty clear he simply likes Keller more, so he'd be willing to add to Nylander in order to make the deal. Obviously Buffalo would have to add since just a few months ago Arizona had its choice of the two and went with Keller. That doesn't say much about their relative values, especially to people other than the OP.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Haha. Brutal idea op. Neither player is going to be in the show this year. Nylander looks to have the higher end skill between the two anyways. Let him develop, there is no need to have a freshly drafted rookie in the lineup immediately, you're not edmonton.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Haha. Brutal idea op. Neither player is going to be in the show this year. Nylander looks to have the higher end skill between the two anyways. Let him develop, there is no need to have a freshly drafted rookie in the lineup immediately, you're not edmonton.
Does he?

I can see preferring either over the other overall but on pure skill I prefer Keller.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
As a fan of neither team I would decline if I was Arizona. Keller was at the draft and still is the better prospect. He plays a more important position and his playmaking abilities to me were by far the best in the draft. While Nylander is nothing to scoff at there is just no reason to trade Keller before he has a few nhl years under his belt and you know if he is a 1C or not.

Also how can you have the plus on Keller in this trade? He was the higher ranked guy at a more important position... I get that he has a popular brother but name alone shouldn't bump you in value.

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
As a fan of neither team I would decline if I was Arizona. Keller was at the draft and still is the better prospect. He plays a more important position and his playmaking abilities to me were by far the best in the draft. While Nylander is nothing to scoff at there is just no reason to trade Keller before he has a few nhl years under his belt and you know if he is a 1C or not.

Also how can you have the plus on Keller in this trade? He was the higher ranked guy at a more important position... I get that he has a popular brother but name alone shouldn't bump you in value.
"Keller for Alex Nylander+"

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Hi thread, please have a bump.

I'd do this in a heart beat now thou....
You can have Nylander + add anyone who's not
Kane,DeBrincat,Strome,Dach,Boqvist,Toews,Kubalik
and we gladly take Clayton Keller.

BTW. Alex Nylander has just 1 goal (3 assists) in his last 26 games for Hawks.
- no idea why he is still playing in the NHL tbh

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Why was this bumped??
Because @GeorgeLeafer12 has an obsessive hatred of Alex Nylander, and won't let the kid learn on the job. Something to do with the Finland-Sweden hockey rivalry methinks. He's mad they traded his boy Jokiharju for a Swede. Despite the lack of production, Nylander has been playing well lately. The points will come.

Reactions: sufferer and Crow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad