Keith Yandle...

steg1989

Jun 28, 2006
The Penalty Box
Oh good, this thread again.

You give this group one more year together, they have earned it in my opinion. If they fizzle out before the conference final then you make big shake ups.

Lucic - Seguin - ??????
Marchand - Bergy - ??????
Pevvy - Kelly - ??????
Merlot

Z - Seids
Hamilton - Defenseman acquired for Krech
McQuaid - ???????

You have to assume that Ference and Horton are goners. If we move Krech it is for a top 4 defenseman and that makes Boychuk expendable. He would have to be moved for a forward who can at least pretend to be a top 6.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't like the look of that group of forwards at ALL. Sure, the defense becomes a strength, it better be because that group up front would struggle to score.
This is the lineup created when you trade a center of David Krejci's ability (and now the Krech haters will say "he has no ability"). He balances out the entire group of forwards. We will have one hole in the top 6 to fill in the offseason (when Horton walks), trading Krejci creates another hole. We can not go into an offseason needing two legitimate top 6 forwards.

The only way a Krejci deal works out is if one of the youngsters (Spooner, Knight or Koko) proves they can play top 6 minutes. I don't think any of them are close.

We won a Cup with great goaltending, strong system play, our top 4 on defense and the depth we had up front. Opening up hole througout the top 9 is not a path to success in my opinion.

This might possibly be the worst hypothetical post I have ever seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad