GDT: Keith Kinkaid and Taylor Hall vs. Carolina Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
devils controlled the first half of the third and absolutely had a chance to win thanks to kinkaid and hall.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
True, they're right, of course, just I think Hynes should keep it in house right now.

Hynes has to get secondary scoring out of his 2nd,3rd,4th and D combos......

I felt like the games prior to and up at Elias night, we had a lot of chip and fast paced passes/lobs for breaks,...you had Wood getting breakaways practically every or every other game. I haven't seen that for a few games. It looks like the team is playing a different, more grinding/cycle game which wasn't the same one up until the trade deadline.

I don't know if its opposition coaching vs. us or lineup shakeup, or if they've just tweaked the system a bit now wtih the new guys. Maybe its just team fatigue .

Somethings different...

It was simply us letting off the gas against two teams who weren’t going to do us the some favor.

Something we have done with teams behind us all year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The only thing that can break this losing streak before it gets out of control is dominant goaltending. And I don't care by who. But it would be nice.

I mean put us on his back and throw up a goose egg. Or go on a 4-5 game red hot stretch. It probably is too much to ask but we've had ONE shutout all year. How about Cory go out there Sunday evening and blank Vegas?

Keith tried tonight...but goaltending can only do so much when you score three goals in two games, zero of them 5-on-5.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Spot on. That’s the blunt truth of it all. That’s why I can’t get worked up over these losses. Frustrating for sure but not a surprising result.

Well I am annoyed because it shouldn’t be happening. Lose two games where they give an honest effort? Ok sure, but not like this. Not at this point in the season. They deserve to get called out.

And I know part of it is that it is a young and inexperienced team that is still figuring out how to play in meaningful stretches of hockey.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
and florida was playing not to lose until that crap angle goal on cory last night. this team was two unfortunate and fortunate bounces away from winning both games.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
devils controlled the first half of the third and absolutely had a chance to win thanks to kinkaid and hall.

Disagree. Technically, yeah, they could have gotten a fortunate bounce and stole one but they were severely outplayed tonight and got what they deserved. You play like that and you’ll lose way more often than not.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I like Hynes a lot and he's done a FANTASTIC job with this young and inexperienced team.

What I do want him to do is to have a chat with Ward and tell him to stop utilizing grinders on our freaking man advantage. We should have one big bodied forward in front of the net on the PP and that's Maroon on our 1st unit and Wood on our 2nd.

Boyle has no place whatsoever on our PP anymore, let alone the dying minutes of a game where we're down by one.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I like Hynes a lot and he's done a FANTASTIC job with this young and inexperienced team.

What I do want him to do is to have a chat with Ward and tell him to stop utilizing grinders on our freaking man advantage. We should have one big bodied forward in front of the net on the PP and that Maroon on our 1st unit and Wood on our 2nd.

Boyle has no place whatsoever on our PP anymore, let alone the dying minutes of a game where we're down by one.

Again this is a misnomer. The PP units are Hynes call. He is the head coach. Nothing happens with linesups on this team without his say so.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Disagree. Technically, yeah, they could have gotten a fortunate bounce and stole one but they were severely outplayed tonight and got what they deserved. You play like that and you’ll lose way more often than not.

i disagree because kinkaid was the best player on the ice for most of the game. that counts for something. especially when goaltending is paramount.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017

What I do want him to do is to have a chat with Ward and tell him to stop utilizing grinders on our freaking man advantage. We should have one big bodied forward in front of the net on the PP and that Maroon on our 1st unit and Wood on our 2nd.

No he doesn't. And everybody can see how badly he is struggling to do anything on the ice right now. It probably will do so much good to sit him for 3 games, and do the team good. I mean you don't keep a pitcher in when he's on fumes. Boyle is on fumes

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
i disagree because kinkaid was the best player on the ice for most of the game. that counts for something. especially when goaltending is paramont.

Kinkaid really masked what a lousy game this was on their part. If we have kinkaid from 3 weeks ago playing, devils are probably down 3 - 0 twenty minutes into the game. I do agree that it’s a shame they wasted a real solid performance from him but our team is getting outworked right now.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
The way our PP is set up is so mind numbing, nobody ever has time on the puck and there’s hardly any creativity to it, they just throw it to the middle and hope for a tip.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
These are the growing pains of a young team, we're going up against other teams fighting for their lives too, goals aren't easy to come by this time of year down the stretch.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I don't get why they can't see that they've gotten more than anybody would've ever expected with Boyle and and this point you are harming him and the team by having him out there. It's like they want to take this nice story and good feelings and make sure it ends on a sour note.

Reactions: Bleedred

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
These are the growing pains of a young team, we're going up against other teams fighting for their lives too, goals aren't easy to come by this time of year down the stretch.

Sure they are. Apparently all you have to do is randomly whack a loose puck and it magically finds a microscopic opening over Cory Schneider.

Reactions: mtnet and Bleedred

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I don’t think a chat is coming. The staff thinks they need Boyle and Zajac to win faceoffs and that they need big bodies in front.

Despite it not working for months they haven’t changed it

Then the staff needs to be fired for being so damn stubborn and killing the PP with players that are not creative or skilled enough to be on the PP

This is one of the worst PP since the end of Dec. Top 5-10 worst PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad