Keith Ballard as a forward...

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Pretty damn awesome.

AV put him at the end of the game with 1 min left in a 1 goal game, tells you all you need 2 know

cutcopy

May 31, 2011
He should stay at wing until a defense men gets injured. Alberts is okay...

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't know, he can hit and I liked him better than Barker. He needs to play limited minutes though, and not with bieksa.

Agreed.
As for Ballard up front, he's been fine. Doesn't really create much but has played a responsible game.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I don't know, he can hit and I liked him better than Barker.
Said this in the GDT....Edler's suspension of over so he draws back in the next game - no need for either depth guy (just move Ballard back to the #6 spot - double-shift him for the odd forward shifts if somebody can't play upfront).

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
No question Alberts is better than barker that being said, Alberts hopefully never sees another minute of ice time with the Canucks ever again.

Ballard back on D would be great

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
You just wait....Ballard is the top 6 forward the Canucks have been looking for! Bring up Connauton to play on the 4th line too.

Wizeman*

I thought Keith looked like he was having fun playing forward. Nice assist on the Burrows beauty. Its nice to have a guy like Ballard who can play on the 4th line and then slot into the defense .

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
You just wait....Ballard is the top 6 forward the Canucks have been looking for! Bring up Connauton to play on the 4th line too.

I like him better than Booth. I mean, Booth is a beast of a guy that can drive to the net, but he always has his head down and is so focused on getting to the net that he completely zones all of his teammates out. Absolutely no thinking goes on with that guy.

I thought Keith looked like he was having fun playing forward. Nice assist on the Burrows beauty. Its nice to have a guy like Ballard who can play on the 4th line and then slot into the defense .

Woah, woah. Ballard's a 3rd liner. So happy for ballard. He's finally out of AV's doghouse ....

like-a-boss-dog-2.jpg

:sarcasm:

PearJuice*

He's been looking pretty good on forward, but if it means that we're stuck with Alberts on D than this is not a long term solution.

Why did AV insist on having Alberts on the ice along with the Sedins? There were a few times that Alberts screwed up some promising offensive chances.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He's been looking pretty good on forward, but if it means that we're stuck with Alberts on D than this is not a long term solution.

Why did AV insist on having Alberts on the ice along with the Sedins? There were a few times that Alberts screwed up some promising offensive chances.

Because the Sedins don't spend much time in their own zone all that much most games, so having Alberts just having to watch the Sedins cycle and once and a while touch the puck is a lot better than having him hemmed in his own zone.

vanboy99

Aug 22, 2008
I don't think he's looked that great at fwd. He seems a bit lost and appears to want to revert back to defensive position even in the offensive zone. If he can control his brain cramps, I still prefer him playing with Tanev on the 3rd pairing. Having 4.5 MM on the 3rd line defensive fwd makes no sense to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad