News Article: Keefe planning for Mid December Training Camp...

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
You realize it’s people like you that the media is speaking to?
Again, I know the Montour rumors were accurate. Jack Han confirmed it. They were serious in the names they mentioned. That's beacuse they undervalue Nylander horribly.
I never bought anything the media said. Brett Pesce? LOL. Never bought into that hype.

Last edited:

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Still no word on the season schedule or training camp sets no? This thang getting weird now, our nhl big boys should be twerkin hard like bettman was last season :clap: He hard.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Reading comprehension, disengage.

Ok, now the spin cycle’s engaged. Didn’t realize trading 30 goal C’s for one year stopgaps was a thing, but apparently it now passes as good management.

Look, I can't help that you can't comprehend the reasoning behind the trade, or that Dubas is playing chess, looking at moves three and four down the board, that others can see... but it is the way it is. He's finally appeared to have constructed his team, and the rest is irrelevant. Crying about historic trades, that we could have had a better return, based on nothing but fantasy, is nonsense. All evidence points to Dubas talking to multiple teams, no evidence that there were better offers, nothing leaked anywhere... yet in nothing short of conspiracy theory thinking, people imagine a fantasy alternate reality.

You want to complain about the results going forward, go ahead. This Kadri stuff is intellectually bankrupt.

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Still no word on the season schedule or training camp sets no? This thang getting weird now, our nhl big boys should be twerkin hard like bettman was last season :clap: He hard.

It just appears, as though the ownership group, doesn't really feel that they've got a lot to lose, by not starting on January 1st, or maybe even at all. Their theoretical losses, are future TV negotiations. Not playing, saves them money over the short-term, at least without fans. Players, if they don't play, get 0%, so the escrow or sharing doesn't matter at all.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Yeah because they made the stunning move of acquiring Faulk and then could not afford AP.

I only heard Paryko this year myself and that was only if they signed AP.

I am referring to the summer of the Nylander negotiations. I was hesitant to move Nylander then and somewhat now. Trading him after his return would have been seeling low but selling now would be selling high but nobody is buying anything until COVID is over. Either way no Leaf fan was gifting him below market value as far as I recall.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
It just appears, as though the ownership group, doesn't really feel that they've got a lot to lose, by not starting on January 1st, or maybe even at all. Their theoretical losses, are future TV negotiations. Not playing, saves them money over the short-term, at least without fans. Players, if they don't play, get 0%, so the escrow or sharing doesn't matter at all.
Ok sire. Lets see if the ice hockey players want to play the game of ice hockey pretty soon.

Reactions: al secord

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I don't really get it either. You are getting 50% of something...if that something is worth a lot less...you get less..how hard is that to get through their heads? I am sick of these guys whining...there are a lot of people hurting out there right now and they sound like a bunch of rich whiney bitches. The owners are not going to lose money just because they were wrong on their estimates...they will just kill the season. The players are also bitching about being paid in a pro-rated salary from what I hear. So you only play 1/2 the games and want 100% of the money? Really? screw you and the horse you rode in on.

Yeah I agree. It would be one thing if the agreement was players get X% and then now owners were trying to renegotiate for a lower % to the players. But this is all about estimated revenues being lower than expected. Both sides have accountants and lawyers to ensure there is no fraud going on.

It's one thing for players to not understand finances, but it's amazing how big corporations allow media members to parrot idiotic arguments.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
If one is a diehard fan then it should be the crest on the front not the name on the back that matters most, and whatever is in the best interest of the Team and not any one Player.
I'm to assume everyone in the organization has the best interest of "our leafs" in mind.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I think it would be impossible if you’re truly a fan of the team.

Not sure how that would make sense though - I dont really understand how being a "true fan" obliges one to have to dislike a player.

There are some years where thats the case, last year I disliked Ceci quite a bit, the year prior it was Marleau and Zaitsev but theres probably no players on the current roster as of this moment that I dislike (granted some new players are question marks) And there's been other seasons when thats been the same case too

Reactions: Beleafer34

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Again, I know the Montour rumors were accurate. Jack Han confirmed it. They were serious in the names they mentioned. That's beacuse they undervalue Nylander horribly.
I never bought anything the media said. Brett Pesce? LOL. Never bought into that hype.
Really have no idea what you’re talking about. Who is Jack Han and what did he confirm?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Not sure how that would make sense though - I dont really understand how being a "true fan" obliges one to have to dislike a player.

There are some years where thats the case, last year I disliked Ceci quite a bit, the year prior it was Marleau and Zaitsev but theres probably no players on the current roster as of this moment that I dislike (granted some new players are question marks) And there's been other seasons when thats been the same case too
You’re taking the ‘truly’ part too literally. IMO it’s impossible at this moment for a fan of the team to not see some flaws.

Reactions: IPS

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
You’re taking the ‘truly’ part too literally. IMO it’s impossible at this moment for a fan of the team to not see some flaws.

And the 30 other teams? Teams you list as "Contenders" and better than the Leafs have some serious flaws.
Boston, Vegas, Blues, Stars, Pens, Canucks, Canes, you name them, they have flaws. Only team without a serious one is the champs, and they have a big issue right in now. Someone has to go that's real god.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
And the 30 other teams? Teams you list as "Contenders" and better than the Leafs have some serious flaws.
Boston, Vegas, Blues, Stars, Pens, Canucks, Canes, you name them, they have flaws. Only team without a serious one is the champs, and they have a big issue right in now. Someone has to go that's real god.
Yes all teams have issues, no team is perfect is what I said. Obviously the Leafs are excluded from this for some as they are just ‘unlucky’.

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
Yes all teams have issues, no team is perfect is what I said. Obviously the Leafs are excluded from this for some as they are just ‘unlucky’.

I don't think anyone believes Leafs have no flaws. I just look at some of these supposed contenders that Leafs are not supposedly close to and I'm not too impressed.

At the same time, many of these contenders were given years to build and fail without a nutty fanbase wanting their young stars traded

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
You’re complaining that the media is trying to trade the player(whatever that means) and now you say that the Leafs confirmed what the media was saying. You seem to be a little disconnected

I think you misunderstood me. I was talking about fans as well.

This fanbase wanting to rush to trade early 20;s blue chip talent makes me laugh. I lived through the Ballard years. No "Contender" did moves like this in the NHL and were given years to develop.

Nylander and Marner absolutely need to stay for years to come.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Obviously the Leafs are excluded from this for some as they are just ‘unlucky’.
Literally nobody has said that the Leafs are flawless. You're creating strawmen. Recognizing and acknowledging the impacts of luck and variance over specific small samples does not mean that the team is flawless otherwise.

Reactions: stopclickbait

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I think you misunderstood me. I was talking about fans as well.

This fanbase wanting to rush to trade early 20;s blue chip talent makes me laugh. I lived through the Ballard years. No "Contender" did moves like this in the NHL and were given years to develop.

Nylander and Marner absolutely need to stay for years to come.
Sure, unless a move comes along that makes the team better.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Back to the topic, shouldn't there be some kind of formal announcement from the NHL about the date that the season will begin?

If its Jan.1, then you'd think training camps will need to begin soon, and players coming from elsewhere will need to travel, and in the case of Canadian teams, do their quarantines.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Back to the topic, shouldn't there be some kind of formal announcement from the NHL about the date that the season will begin?

If its Jan.1, then you'd think training camps will need to begin soon, and players coming from elsewhere will need to travel, and in the case of Canadian teams, do their quarantines.

You’d think, but sounds like from Lebrun they haven’t talked for a week.

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
NHLs issue is there are teams that will lose less by not playing. You can bet teams like the Coyotees are holding things up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad