News Article: Keefe planning for Mid December Training Camp...

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I don’t want Hutchinson anywhere near the team. He’s a basket case. Guaranteed loss every time the board heard he was starting was what was the normal response from the majority posting

It's ok... ease back from the ledge... 4th string goalie!!!! 4th string... I mean, I think the Leafs have had such a player, start NHL games for them, a couple of games in the last decade... a couple of games in a decade... and you are worked up about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a nothing burger.

He's been brought back, because he's a competent goalie at the AHL level, and has some experience and can help Woll and Scott.

He's brought back, because depth is good.....

Last year, we had Andersen, Hutch, Kaskisou, Woll, Scott

Now we have

Andersen, Campbell, Dell, Hutch/Woll

In every conceivable way, Hutch is better than Kaskisou, and certainly Dell is better than both. We've EASILY improved our goaltending, and yet, here we are obsessed with painting the world black.

Yes, we've got a much better goaltending situation, and better depth, going into TRAINING CAMP, this year.

Reactions: Papi 4 Hart

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It's ok... ease back from the ledge... 4th string goalie!!!! 4th string... I mean, I think the Leafs have had such a player, start NHL games for them, a couple of games in the last decade... a couple of games in a decade... and you are worked up about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a nothing burger.

He's been brought back, because he's a competent goalie at the AHL level, and has some experience and can help Woll and Scott.

He's brought back, because depth is good.....

Last year, we had Andersen, Hutch, Kaskisou, Woll, Scott

Now we have

Andersen, Campbell, Dell, Hutch/Woll

In every conceivable way, Hutch is better than Kaskisou, and certainly Dell is better than both. We've EASILY improved our goaltending, and yet, here we are obsessed with painting the world black.

Yes, we've got a much better goaltending situation, and better depth, going into TRAINING CAMP, this year.
Yeah and no Echl to play anyone ha. He got caught with his pants down had no goalie depth. Rookie mistake. Hey he was supposedly taking offers on Andersen too. Wouldn’t that have been just wonderful. His buddy Mirtle let that cat out the bag on him. Andersen is a premier starter. Who was he going to go with Campbell. Big risk. He was thinking about he said. Yeah ok. He learns from his mistakes at least. You defend them.
90% of what you go on about in your book posts are relevant by the way. Just point note it for me, it’s atrocious reading through the white noise

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Yeah and no Echl to play anyone ha. He got caught with his pants down had no goalie depth. Rookie mistake.

Yes, the ECHL Growlers shutting down is Dubas fault!!!...

You do recall that Dubas brought in another goalie to TRAINING CAMP last year, to provide that depth, and they quit.

Let's be frank... it doesn't matter what happens, what is made better, time to complain. How does this actually have anything to do with TRAINING CAMP, besides just another thread to crap on?

We enter TRAINING CAMP, with the best Goalie Depth we've seen in years, it's indisputable. The biggest challenge, is where to play them all.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

You do recall that Dubas brought in another goalie to TRAINING CAMP last year, to provide that depth, and they quit.

Let's be frank... it doesn't matter what happens, what is made better, time to complain. How does this actually have anything to do with TRAINING CAMP, besides just another thread to crap on?

We enter TRAINING CAMP, with the best Goalie Depth we've seen in years, it's indisputable. The biggest challenge, is where to play them all.
You were the one started going on the defensive in here bud. The team is far from the perfect you think

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Mcbackup and Andersen are the best we ever had until these guys prove otherwise. I’ll dispute that all day until they prove it. You are jumping gun not me.. i started this thread. You came in all gungho and angry you were having to hear any kind of criticism. So are you done compkaining about the complaining because if you are we can get back to what we were discussing.

Last edited:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Our defense has sucked since Horton passed on ... we all have to be honest ... it is an org blame issue and it is multi generational / multi ownership

Team defence wasn't trash last year, it was average.

Goaltending is what sunk the ship.

I hope with these new additions that team defence jumps into the top 10.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
It amazes me how someone can go from a hero to a villain in the span of few years

I really like Babs in the beginning, he's exactly what this team and organization needed. But at the end I just couldn't stand him anymore, everything he said was just so annoying. Especially being a good pro, doing the right things

He was too much of a self help guru than a hockey coach sometimes

die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

Reactions: fahad203

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

You should go read post#21 in this thread before ranting I’m blaming everything on Dubas. I specifically complimented him in that post and said it’s on the players this year. You are out of line bud. Then you read a single post and go full out trying to be disrespectful. Whatever have fun then

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

You go bounce that off some other wall. Not me.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
You should go read post#21 in this thread before ranting I’m blaming everything on Dubas. I specifically complimented him in that post and said it’s on the players this year. You are out of line bud. Then you read a single post and go full out trying to be disrespectful. Whatever have fun then

And yet, I was specifically responding to a post, where you blamed Dubas. I mean, you can't even English.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

I am not talking statistical I am talking real life .. our defenders were a bottom 5 sad sack group last year ... Dermy 1 more year experience will help ... a helper for Rielly should help unless of course it is another bad fit ... and Bogo should help on 3rd pair ... no idea of new Fin defender but lets hope he can handle/move bigger men

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
And yet, I was specifically responding to a post, where you blamed Dubas. I mean, you can't even English.
No you came in shooting your mouth off like you usually do. You don’t know how to hockey. Seems you have your limitations for sure. Are you ok or angry. Are you done patronizing and telling everyone your opinion is all that matters. If not lets get it on. If you don’t like the team being criticized i suggest you go put on your big girl panties

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I am not talking statistical I am talking real life .. our defenders were a bottom 5 sad sack group last year ... Dermy 1 more year experience will help ... a helper for Rielly should help unless of course it is another bad fit ... and Bogo should help on 3rd pair ... no idea of new Fin defender but lets hope he can handle/move bigger men

What is it, that you like about Dermott so much? He isn't that physical, unless I'm missing something there. What is it, that you see in him?

Lehtonen isn't going to be a crease clearing guy. He's more in the Gardiner/Rielly type, if successful in the league. He's got a bomb of a shot from the point though.

Our D were good at a number of things, that people look for in modern D... zone exits, preventing zone entries... They were pretty good at those things.... once in the zone, defensively, physically, and getting the puck back... not so good. Of course, our forwards mostly didn't help much either, so there is that, and hopefully with the additions, that will improve... mostly, we really need our top players to completely buying into playing a full game of winning hockey.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He says they are good. Pages of that sh!t in another thread. Now you will get a barrage of expected to but didn’t stats lol

Last edited:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

Truth is, if they were bottom 5, with the year Andersen and Hutch gave them, they'd be a lottery team and not on the 100+ point pace they were on with Keefe.

Leafs defence was far from perfect last year but it was very far from bottom 5.

Rielly and Ceci was a meh pair. I wasn't a fan of it, but it wasn't horrible, it was just whatever.

Muzzin and Holl was downright incredible, I don't know if Holl can repeat that but it would sure be nice if he could.

Dermott and Barrie was also very good against weaker comp, can't really complain there.

Problem is, if one half of your top 4 pairing is meh to below average, that's not going to put you in the top 10 league wide, you'll be around the middle of the pack, where the Leafs finished off.

IF Muzzin and Holl pick up where they left off and Brodie and Rielly are what we hope they are, the Leafs will be a completely different team.

Only time will tell.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
No you came in shooting your mouth off like you usually do. You don’t know how to hockey. Seems you have your limitations for sure. Are you ok or angry. Are you done patronizing and telling everyone your opinion is all that matters. If not lets get it on. If you don’t like the team being criticized i suggest you go put on your big girl panties
:laugh: Have a nice day. :D

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
He says they are good. Pages of that sh!t in another thread. Now you will get a barrage of expected stay but left stats lol

Since when is saying a team was in the middle of the pack defensively saying they're good? That's average.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
What is it, that you like about Dermott so much? He isn't that physical, unless I'm missing something there. What is it, that you see in him?

Lehtonen isn't going to be a crease clearing guy. He's more in the Gardiner/Rielly type, if successful in the league. He's got a bomb of a shot from the point though.

Our D were good at a number of things, that people look for in modern D... zone exits, preventing zone entries... They were pretty good at those things.... once in the zone, defensively, physically, and getting the puck back... not so good. Of course, our forwards mostly didn't help much either, so there is that, and hopefully with the additions, that will improve... mostly, we really need our top players to completely buying into playing a full game of winning hockey.
Do you even know what you are talking about or do you just rant man. You know nothing about Lehtonen like the rest of us. Yet you are here telling us what he is. Yeah sure

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Since when is saying a team was in the middle of the pack defensively saying they're good? That's average.
Should be much better this year. Brodie is better than Barrie and Bogosian brings more than Ceci if he continues bringing what he did for Tampa.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
My 7 defensemen would be Rielly,Muzzin,Brodie,Dermott,Holl,Bogosian,Lehtonen.Sandin and Liljigren are waiver exempt but the Ahl has their start date now listed a month after the Nhl start date.

I really am starting to think maybe they just let teams carry a unlimited number of players because the Ahl might not even get the season started. Its still impossible to guess how this all shakes out.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I've watched his games. Have a nice day. :D
He was just off for weeks man with covid and left the team now. Different league. Most would say I don’t know much about him but no you’ve scouted his Khl games. I’ve seen highlights of him. Tells me nothing about how he will translate to a slightly smaller sheet in the best league.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

He plays fearless ... he lacks understanding of where he needs to be a lot so he needs normal grooming from a vet who can show him shift to shift and then explain on bench ... Bogo or Muzzy will help ... but he has skills he is close to Rielly on wheels and his hands are ok and he can wipe someone out too ... Rielly will never be a guy who has great hands or take a big hit to make a play but he can fly and he is getting better at knowing where to go in his own end ... but Rielly needs a stabilizing guy who can hunt down pucks and free up pucks to Rielly who can fly up ice with it ... i am still unsure if Brodie will fit perfectly as da pair may struggle to get pucks in our end but lets hope Brodie can do it ... Bogo is too slow to move up with Rielly and Holl is nowhere close to skilled enough ... and Dermy needs a couple more years to be ready

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad