News Article: Keefe fined $25,000 anyway

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
You knew the league was just itching to fine him after he went public and said Reilly's actions were appropriate for the crosscheck. They were just waiting for something to get him back

f*** the NHL and their crooked cronies, Parros and Bettman this league would be nothing if the Leafs didn't subsidize half the league

f*** you Bettman and f*** you Parros

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Fined 25K because the refs feelings got hurt :laugh: wtf, has the league seen what other coaches have said to refs and players ? What a joke lmao

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Shit like this just shows that the coaching staff and management making a bit stink against the League won’t do anything.

What the Leafs should do is threaten to withhold revenue sharing dollars. I don’t know why you would even be incentivized to act like a good corporate citizen if the league treats you like some maverick organization because you get “too much media attention.”

Or what if the MLSE parent company made a stink to the NHL as a broadcast rights holder?

Reactions: mcleex

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
What the Leafs should do is threaten to withhold revenue sharing dollars. I don’t know why you would even be incentivized to act like a good corporate citizen if the league treats you like some maverick organization because you get “too much media attention.”

Or what if the MLSE parent company made a stink to the NHL as a broadcast rights holder?
I get the sense for MLSE that this is a foreseen sunk cost and they're absolutely fine with the league's status quo.

#JadedSinceFraser.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I get the sense for MLSE that this is a foreseen sunk cost and they're absolutely fine with the league's status quo.

#JadedSinceFraser.

You might be right but there must be even a limit to how much petty shit a corporate board of directors can take when they get annoying little Napoleon dictator treatment from the league office. Gary works for the owners. He should be reminded.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
You might be right but there must be even a limit to how much petty shit a corporate board of directors can take when they get annoying little Napoleon dictator treatment from the league office. Gary works for the owners. He should be reminded.
Amen to that. No argument from me there. Weekly reminders by God, lol.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
It boggles my mind the coach is the only one with any modicum of emotion.

The players just sit there staring straight ahead. Not so much a robot as a mannequin. That's another word for dummy in case you didn't know.

Speaking of dummies...

I'm sure Keefe can afford the fine. He doesn't look like he's starving. Being an NHL head coach is a good paying gig if you can get it.

Only 32 positions in the world and Leafs still have this guy.

Keefe should have been let go after they were stomped to the curb by Florida in the least competitive series of the last seven years. Meanwhile Nashville has the soon to be coach of the year on their team. The Leafs probably could've had Brunette if they wanted him.

But they decided sticking to the coach with a big mouth was a better idea.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Sheldon Keefe makes around 2m per year and got fined 25k for an in-game rant and said nothing to the media

Darko Rajaković makes around 3m and got the exact same fine for having one of the most epic refereeing rants of all time.

Something seems off here

Reactions: mcleex and HolyCrap

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Best sport, worst league.

Need a third party to take over the reffing and overhaul the system. It's embarrassing how bad it is with the technology we have today. Not just for us, the entire league deserves better.
I agree. I find it tough cheering for a team that’s clearly in a corrupt and incompetent league. It sucks. This fine is more than some players get for dirty slashes or crotch shots. NHL is closer to WWE than the other top sports.

Reactions: TMLife17

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I agree. I find it tough cheering for a team that’s clearly in a corrupt and incompetent league. It sucks. This fine is more than some players get for dirty slashes or crotch shots. NHL is closer to WWE than the other top sports.

I find it kind of funny and unusual how the NHL treats the Toronto Maple Leafs… as if they themselves were the resentful little fans in the peanut gallery chirp in’ and sticking it to the New York Yankees, Los Angeles Dodgers, Dallas Cowboys, Manchester United and all those hated big teams.

I’m not even trying to big up the Leafs. It’s just everyone running this sport acts so little.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
It boggles my mind the coach is the only one with any modicum of emotion.

The players just sit there staring straight ahead. Not so much a robot as a mannequin. That's another word for dummy in case you didn't know.

Speaking of dummies...

I'm sure Keefe can afford the fine. He doesn't look like he's starving. Being an NHL head coach is a good paying gig if you can get it.

Only 32 positions in the world and Leafs still have this guy.

Keefe should have been let go after they were stomped to the curb by Florida in the least competitive series of the last seven years. Meanwhile Nashville has the soon to be coach of the year on their team. The Leafs probably could've had Brunette if they wanted him.

But they decided sticking to the coach with a big mouth was a better idea.
Coach doesn’t have a NMC

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
I'm an NHL ref...and a clown. My name is Garret Rank.

1709251856621.png

Reactions: mcleex

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad