News Article: Keefe fined $25,000 anyway

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Sheldon Keefe has been fined $25,000 by the NHL for “unprofessional conduct directed at the officials that resulted in a game misconduct.”

Some are speculating this is blow back for saying Rielly’s check was appropriate as Keefe went out of his way to say no comment in the presser after his ejection

“Not going there,” Keefe said in declining to explain what set him off. Keefe appeared to be upset by a tripping penalty assessed to Toronto forward Mitch Marner a few minutes before he was ejected, and shortly after the Leafs cut their deficit to 4-2.

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Keefe shouldn’t mess with the refs.

It’s lose / lose.

Keefe is embarrassing with the refs.

He’s helping no one with his yelling.

I thought he learned last year

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Keefe shouldn’t mess with the refs.

It’s lose / lose.

Keefe is embarrassing with the refs.

He’s helping no one with his yelling.

I thought he learned last year
I don't agree. Keefe has almost always taken the diplomatic route and the team as a whole has been taught to not fight the refs or speak up against them, and it hasn't really worked. Same with supplementary discipline. At this point Keefe has nothing to lose anyways, may as well embrace being the heel since the media / league / fans don't like the team regardless so better to just grow a pair and have a backbone for once. It actually seems to be working for the team as they were all outspoken against what happened with the Rielly-Greig incident and it banded them together.

Keefe not appealing to authority for once has actually been a refreshing change.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Coaches don't have a CBA that limits fines. The players do.
OK. So keeping it just with players. Player commits dangerous play, get a 5k fine. Player bets on a sport that has nothing to do with his own. Gets a 41 game suspension.

The league still doesn't handle punishments properly

Reactions: TMLife17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad