Post-Game Talk: Kasshole

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
If it was a fight with coincidental penalties 1:03 in yes i'd be pumped. You dont want your team to be punished when its 3 3 heading into the third.

If there was 4 minutes left in a 3 3 game youd be ok with Kassian taking a 4 minute penalty because he didnt like a hit?

Timing matters for these things. Go ahead and smash turtleboy if youre up 4 1 and a few minutes left in a game for all I care. Just dont do it when it will negatively impact your own team. I guarantee Tippett isnt happy.

Read my post

I said the only way time figures into it is if it's late in a tied game.

Incident could have spurred the Oil on just as much as PP gave the Flames the lead.
Plenty of time to come back, tie and win game.

Time of incident was irrelevant

OilersfaninTO

Nov 25, 2018
100% agree. If the NHL wants to come down hard on Kass they have to watch the hits and see how illegal they were. Simple as that.

According to NHL DoPS:

“The NHL department of player safety said there will be no discipline for Matthew Tkachuk after controversial hits on Zack Kassian last night. Both hits delivered on Kassian were legal, full body checks delivered to a player carrying the puck.”

Lol, wut? Seriously?

Reactions: harpoon

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If it was a fight with coincidental penalties 1:03 in yes i'd be pumped. You dont want your team to be punished when its 3 3 heading into the third.

If there was 4 minutes left in a 3 3 game youd be ok with Kassian taking a 4 minute penalty because he didnt like a hit?

Timing matters for these things. Go ahead and smash turtleboy if youre up 4 1 and a few minutes left in a game for all I care. Just dont do it when it will negatively impact your own team. I guarantee Tippett isnt happy.
And don't make any bad defensive plays at the wrong time that could hurt your team too, right? Jeezus.....

Reactions: RegDunlop

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Last year, a loss to the lames in game 48 (last night was our game 47) was the start of a 1 win in 12 games run. We need to not repeat that (obviously).

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Read my post

I said the only way time figures into it is if it's late in a tied game.

Incident could have spurred the Oil on just as much as PP gave the Flames the lead.
Plenty of time to come back, tie and win game.

Time of incident was irrelevant

It was tied going into the thrud period. What is "late in a game" for you?

You don't do that 3 3 in a division matchup. You just don't.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
According to NHL DoPS:

“The NHL department of player safety said there will be no discipline for Matthew Tkachuk after controversial hits on Zack Kassian last night. Both hits delivered on Kassian were legal, full body checks delivered to a player carrying the puck.”

Lol, wut? Seriously?
Must have a special deal with them - the first one hit his head the way I saw it.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Must have a special deal with them - the first one hit his head the way I saw it.
Giordano on McDavid, Regehr trying to paralyze Hemsky, Sarich elbowed a vulnerable Hall in the head and concussed him, this Kassian thing, Tkachuk running around last season with no calls. Whatever do you mean? :sarcasm:

Fat Keith Tkachuk for a dad probably protects you a bit too.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Giordano on McDavid, Regehr trying to paralyze Hemsky, Sarich elbowed a vulnerable Hall in the head and concussed him, this Kassian thing, Tkachuk running around last season with no calls. Whatever do you mean? :sarcasm:

Fat Keith Tkachuk for a dad probably protects you a bit too.

Keith probably threatened to eat Parros if he did anything against his boy.

images

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
If Kass is suspended safe to say Benson gets a crack? You hope, lol

I love this board.
I discovered it years ago, lurked then finally joined what I consider a bunch of hockey crazed idiots like me!

I consider the opinions of a lot of posters to keep me balanced and unbiased.

Unless I can be shown my opinion about the hits is (are?) way off, I will seriously lose my mind if Kass gets suspended.
I'll give one game maybe as I know how idiotic the league is and anything can happen. But beyond that? No way.

Am I wrong?

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I love this board.
I discovered it years ago, lurked then finally joined what I consider a bunch of hockey crazed idiots like me!

I consider the opinions of a lot of posters to keep me balanced and unbiased.

Unless I can be shown my opinion about the hits is (are?) way off, I will seriously lose my mind if Kass gets suspended.
I'll give one game maybe as I know how idiotic the league is and anything can happen. But beyond that? No way.

Am I wrong?

I think you have to separate the hits from the reaction. We think the hits were bad, the league, per their statement, doesn’t. So rat boy gets nothing. But the reaction will definitely be suspended, likely 2 games. League likely sees it as an unprovoked attack of a defenseless player. Garbage I know, but I think that’s how it plays out.

Last edited:

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I think you have to separate the hits from the reaction. We think the guys were bad, the league, per their statement, doesn’t. So rat boy gets nothing. But the reaction will definitely be suspended, likely 2 games. League likely sees it as an unprovoked attack of a defenseless player. Garbage I know, but I think that’s how it plays out.

Perhaps I do

Thanks

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
What gets lost in all this and something I am very thankful for is that this whole thing with Kassian distracts Tkachuk from targetting McDavid, something he did when Lucic was on his line.
Having an aggressor like Kassian keeps Tkachuk busy enough, and next game we won't have to worry about Tkachuk getting in McDavids grill.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Tkachuk was able to stay out of the LOS of Neal & Klefbom the entire time he was lining up that hit. Obviously Kassian had his head down too.

"HEADS HEADS" with 0.1 seconds warning? I am sure Kassian would like the thank however warned him.

One of 97 or 6 should have seen this coming no? It is common courtesy to warn your teammate when he is about to get run over... perhaps they did not have LOS either?

Good on Tkachuk for catching Kassian with his head down... Old-time hockey for sure. That's one of the things causing this CTE issue.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
- I really like the look of our 2nd line. Drai, Nuge and Yammer play well together.
- McDavid needs help on his line.
- Bear had a weak game but whatever, he has impressed so far.
- Nurse probably thinking about what he gets to eat after the game with 20sec left.
- I thought Kass is gonna kill Tkachuk :laugh:
- Don't hate me on that one: Tkachuk would be good on our team, but **** him.
- Smith should have started imo.
- Larsson looks so desinterested in everything he does: his skating is lazy, his hits are weak, his shots are muffins. Whatever happened to him, it'sad seeing him like this. He is a total liability and makes every pair he plays on worse. Poor dude.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4