Prospect Info: Kasperi Kapanen | Winger | KalPa (Liiga) | 4/3: Assigned to Wilkes-Barre

Chiquito

Oct 7, 2007
Guayaquil, Ecuador
Needs to play 10 NHL regular/playoff games to have ELC kick in. So for this year, assuming he stays in WBS for both regular and playoff, the ELC will slide a year. Since Kasperi signed when he is eighteen years old, his ELC will slide past next season too assuming he doesn't play 10 NHL games (which I'm hope he doesn't take advantage of!) His RFA status will remain the same once his ELC is up.

Is Capgeek back up? I'm on my phone but I see a working site for it.

Unfortunately the gentleman that created and operated Capgeek died a few weeks ago.....

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He might not even play at all this weekend, I doubt he's had a chance to practice with the team yet. He's not in the lineup tonight.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Needs to play 10 NHL regular/playoff games to have ELC kick in. So for this year, assuming he stays in WBS for both regular and playoff, the ELC will slide a year. Since Kasperi signed when he is eighteen years old, his ELC will slide past next season too assuming he doesn't play 10 NHL games (which I'm hope he doesn't take advantage of!) His RFA status will remain the same once his ELC is up.

Is Capgeek back up? I'm on my phone but I see a working site for it.

He signed his contract at 18, so the CBA states that as long as he plays fewer than 10 NHL games (which includes playoffs), then he'll get an extra year added to his contract (if he plays fewer than 10 NHL games next season, and fewer than, I think 15 over both years, he gets to have an additional year added, since he signed at 18).

Technically, what everyone labels as the contract "sliding" is actually additional years being added to the contract. That's why signed junior players don't burn a year of their contract when they come over and join teams' AHL affiliates for the playoffs, for that matter.
Thanks for the info. So pretending he spends *all* of next season in the AHL, he basically makes the low end ($75k or whatever) of his ELC salary and basically it goes from a 3 year contract to a 4 year contract?

enviSAGE

waitin on the good times
Aug 10, 2011
Thanks for the info. So pretending he spends *all* of next season in the AHL, he basically makes the low end ($75k or whatever) of his ELC salary and basically it goes from a 3 year contract to a 4 year contract?

It doesn't necessarily go to a four year contract. If he spent all of next season in WBS, his 3-year entry-level contract would just not take effect until the 2016-2017 season. But yes, he would make the $70k for minor league compensation plus his signing bonuses/minor-league games played bonus. Just more motivation for Kasperi to make the big boys team and make his $925k!

Since he signed as an 18 year old he is eligible to have his ELC slide for two years. Now in Sundqvist's case he is already using the first year of his ELC this year beacuse he signed his contract as a 20 year old in summer 2014.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It doesn't necessarily go to a four year contract. If he spent all of next season in WBS, his 3-year entry-level contract would just not take effect until the 2016-2017 season. But yes, he would make the $70k for minor league compensation plus his signing bonuses/minor-league games played bonus. Just more motivation for Kasperi to make the big boys team and make his $925k!

Since he signed as an 18 year old he is eligible to have his ELC slide for two years. Now in Sundqvist's case he is already using the first year of his ELC this year beacuse he signed his contract as a 20 year old in summer 2014.

Which is why Sundqvist should have been on the big club. He earned a spot out of camp and just burned a year playing over seas.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Which is why Sundqvist should have been on the big club. He earned a spot out of camp and just burned a year playing over seas.

There were a couple of guys who busted ass in camp and should have been given a shot. Yet, despite all the babbling of the hydra about KK making the big club right off, they didn't leave an open roster spot for anyone to earn.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
There were a couple of guys who busted ass in camp and should have been given a shot. Yet, despite all the babbling of the hydra about KK making the big club right off, they didn't leave an open roster spot for anyone to earn.

Iron Man and Hydra in cahoots.

Dark days.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

We were assured that if someone could outperform Adams, they could have his spot.

A-ha.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Sadly, if they'd done that, then there's zero doubt in my mind that he's one of this team's top six forwards right now.

EDIT: Strike that. For a moment, I forgot that Dan Bylsma 2.0 was running the Pens bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad