Injury Report: Kasperi Kapanen back playing: March 2, 2017

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Someone needs to rearrange Jake Dotchin's face. But he'll probably just go sign in the Western Conference next year so he doesn't have to play us again like that Albany plug who hurt Johnsson last year did.

OldMilIce

Apr 30, 2015
Niagara, ON
That really sucks. He was playing so well, and to be taken out on such a fluky play is terrible. Looks most likely like some sort of knee ligament problem, considering how the leg bent. Any word on exact injury yet? Knee problems can completely derail a career if they are bad enough. Hoping for the best

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I was under the impression it wasn't as bad as it looked. I guess...well, get well soon Kappy!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, that just sucks. I hope this doesn't derail his overall development.

sync95

Feb 21, 2009
Ontario
I was honestly wondering how long our conspicuously healthy team would keep on going(ignoring Robidas Island), and it appears that Friday the 13th was the day ://

KingBud97

Dec 15, 2006
Toronto
After seeing what he did to Nielsen with that cheap shot in the scrum. It looks like kapenen had him beat on the outside going around the net and this loser goon goes low and make it look like he is falling, but it wa his only option to stop kapenen because of his speed

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
The time frame here isn't important. The important thing is that he recovers to 100% and it doesn't hurt his career.

Not saying it's that kind of injury, just that you always worry when a top prospect gets hurt. We've had some real rotten luck with AHL injuries over the years.

GLG12xx12

Go Leafs Go!!!!
Dec 5, 2010
Boone, IA
Knee problems can completely derail a career if they are bad enough.

I know that all too well. Took a cheap shot to my knee in soccer when I was 13 which dislocated my knee cap and tore some tendons in doing so. Fast forward 5 years and the same injury happens when I was starting my career in the Air Force. Hopes and dreams were crushed in an instant and 7 months in, I was on a plane back home. Knee injuries are not to be messed with. Really hope he heals well.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The time frame here isn't important. The important thing is that he recovers to 100% and it doesn't hurt his career.

Not saying it's that kind of injury, just that you always worry when a top prospect gets hurt. We've had some real rotten luck with AHL injuries over the years.

absolutely nothing less then a full recovery, he's change my mind about what I thought his ceiling might be, that kid has been outstanding

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
He didn't look like he slipped to me. He looked to go down on purpose. But his intent seems unprovable. He can present a plausible denial.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad