Injury Report: Kasperi Kapanen back playing: March 2, 2017

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I predict we will hear that it's a "lower body injury and that he is week to week."

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
They aren't telling us because it's a career-derailing injury. Bad PR.

Please tell me you are not being serious lol..... Lou and management are tight lipped when it comes to players injuries and their length of time needed to recover. I'm no doctor so I can't speculate on what his injury is OR how long the guy will be out... I'm going on what management has said which is its a "lengthy recovery", what that means is open to interpretation.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
fingers crossed, incident didn't look to bad, but you never know.

looks like his left leg got over-extended, guessing either high ankle sprain or a knee ligament tear. Either one sucks, but both have extremely high recovery rates, knee ligaments used to be a possible derailer of careers (remember Antropov?) but the surgeries have come a long way since then

Ramako

May 16, 2016
I think the fact that he got up and off the ice on his own power is a very good sign.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
looks like his left leg got over-extended, guessing either high ankle sprain or a knee ligament tear. Either one sucks, but both have extremely high recovery rates, knee ligaments used to be a possible derailer of careers (remember Antropov?) but the surgeries have come a long way since then

yeah looked like a routine check but dude slipped and impact went to the legs, ughhhh im pretty ticked, i wanted to see Kappy with the leafs at the end of the year or even at tdl if someone got traded.
#Pray4Kappy

LeafGm

Jan 10, 2009
Yep. After all, it's easy to forget that Morgan Rielly missed almost his entire draft year with a blown-out ACL in his knee, because his skating ability certainly hasn't suffered as a result. So, as much as it would suck if Kapanen has in fact suffered a similar injury and he misses out on some valuable developmental time, it's not a death sentence for his career, and it doesn't mean he'll be robbed of his amazing speed.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Of course it was some goon who did it(and cheap shotted Nielsen). I wish leagues would stop employing talentless plugs who are only out there to cause injuries.

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
What a d--k move on Dotchin's part. Clearly intentional and he should be reprimanded for it. Or maybe Clune needs to teach him a lesson

Edit: forgot I already posted on this thread lmfao

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Or maybe Clune needs to teach him a lesson

Payback is not so much a thing anymore. The Bertuzzi/Moore incident kinda took that out of professional hockey.

I wanted someone to remind Tyler Bertuzzi of his dirty slew foot on Kappy last season but that never happened either.

They tend to mug the offending player at the time of the incident and forget it afterwards.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I heard something about 8 weeks. Walking with some sort of cast. High ankle sprain is the most likely injury at this point.

Yeah you don't get a boot for blown knee ligaments. Eight weeks is the standard number they throw out for a high ankle sprain. Taylor Hall missed 17 games. Eichel missed about 7 weeks and 21 games. I expect Kapi will be back before the TDL

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Will take a long time even after returning untill his speed is back ? Same as eichel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad