Prospect Info: Kasper Bjorkqvist | Winger | Blues Jr. → Providence (HE) | 2nd round, 61st overall

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I want someone with snarl. I want a Chris Kreider type. Speed + Snarl. Someone to really get in and battle it out in the corners.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Good, we need a few of these guys to pan out. He was drafted high and didnt have a ton of success in college so...Im skeptical but hopeful.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
He seems like a loyal guy and probably would have signed anyway but I'm still glad we don't have to worry about him going the FA route.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well the good news is that the Pens have pretty much all of their top prospects playing in WBS next year...none are A level or sure things but hopefully some develop into nhl players soon and get call ups...

I think the only prospects who still won’t be playing for WBS yet are Addison, Hallandar, Phillips and Pavy, but maybe I’m missing someone...we’ve pretty much drained the swamp

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Good, we need a few of these guys to pan out. He was drafted high and didnt have a ton of success in college so...Im skeptical but hopeful.

Regardless of how people rate him as an NHL prospect Björkqvist had a great college career. One of the best players and captains (almost never happens with Euros) on a Frozen Four squad; plus he was one of the stronger SOG guys and goal scorers in the country despite playing a very responsible game.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Looking forwards to seeing whether he's the real deal or just an example of the front office going gaga for physicality. At least there's reasons for optimism.

Well the good news is that the Pens have pretty much all of their top prospects playing in WBS next year...none are A level or sure things but hopefully some develop into nhl players soon and get call ups...

I think the only prospects who still won’t be playing for WBS yet are Addison, Hallandar, Phillips and Pavy, but maybe I’m missing someone...we’ve pretty much drained the swamp

Palojarvi, Reilly, Jones and Gorman. Hardly names to remember.

Reactions: Andy99

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Looking forwards to seeing whether he's the real deal or just an example of the front office going gaga for physicality. At least there's reasons for optimism.

Palojarvi, Reilly, Jones and Gorman. Hardly names to remember.

For what it’s worth I know some Bostonian HE followers that could care less about the Pens who really like Björkqvist’s game.

Want to keep an eye on Gorman. From all accounts he’s an athlete and BU’s pro development is really good (only in one year without Quinn tho so we’ll see if that continues).

Reactions: Dux917

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
With Simon, Blueger, AJ and Bjorkqvist, we should be able to piece together a really fast, aggressive 4th line for like $2 million total. It's important to save everywhere you can, and that mix of guys should be fine playing 4th line minutes.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
For what it’s worth I know some Bostonian HE followers that could care less about the Pens who really like Björkqvist’s game.

Want to keep an eye on Gorman. From all accounts he’s an athlete and BU’s pro development is really good (only in one year without Quinn tho so we’ll see if that continues).

Good to hear - there's been good sounds from the media out there too.

As for Gorman... he's a fun gamble for a 7th rounder, but I'd look for him to actually show signs of matching the athleticism with all round play before I reckoned he was worth remembering.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Good to hear - there's been good sounds from the media out there too.

As for Gorman... he's a fun gamble for a 7th rounder, but I'd look for him to actually show signs of matching the athleticism with all round play before I reckoned he was worth remembering.

6th rounder :sarcasm:...... haha and yeah we’re not gonna know a thing about him until after next season. At least he’s well regarded in prep circles. Agree expecting absolutely nothing from him long term is the right call.

Only other guy I’d say is worth any time is Reilly, imo he could be an AHL depth guy down the line.

Reactions: Peat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad