Former Bruins Karson Kuhlman waived - claimed by Seattle

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
what an absolute beauty goal he scored tonight

sweet little move inside the line, then that speed to lose his man, finishing off with a nice wrist shot

2nd line was a little unlucky to be on the ice for the 2 goals the panthers scored

but overall, I liked the look of it. Him and Debrusk are really fast and can make things uncomfortable for opposing Ds

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
what an absolute beauty goal he scored tonight

sweet little move inside the line, then that speed to lose his man, finishing off with a nice wrist shot

2nd line was a little unlucky to be on the ice for the 2 goals the panthers scored

but overall, I liked the look of it. Him and Debrusk are really fast and can make things uncomfortable for opposing Ds

Snapshot..But yup a beauty for sure. Gonna miss Kuraly though vs Leafs.

aguineapig

I don't do all that copy and link stuff, and ate too much paste in grade school but read Minneapolis Star Tribune April 7 2018 about Kit Karson and the UMD NCAA champs. Read it last spring and remembered thinking that's our first round pick right there

Reactions: GordonHowe

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Wasn't able to watch last nights' game so I missed what looked to be a good one from the box score. I did watch the replays. How'd this kid play besides that great goal?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I owe @Saxon Eric an apology. He was bang on in his assessment of Kuhlman. Kid is an absolute player, he's got the wheels, smarts, and guts to be a darn good NHL player. Another excellent NCAA UFA find by this organization that has to be among the best teams at finding value among un-signed NCAA guys.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well Maybe I was right (or wrong) in saying in February before he ever put on a Bruins Jersey that he could be playing for 10-15 teams in the NHL right now.

I am glad he finally got his chance to play with this NHL team , and has shown he more than fits in. Kuhlman should have a very long career as an NHL winger. he is just a coaches dream

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Well Maybe I was right (or wrong) in saying in February before he ever put on a Bruins Jersey that he could be playing for 10-15 teams in the NHL right now.

I am glad he finally got his chance to play with this NHL team , and has shown he more than fits in. Kuhlman should have a very long career as an NHL winger. he is just a coaches dream

100%. His speed/tenacity alone makes him the perfect 4th liner in todays NHL, and he's got smarts, skills and two-way ability, which makes him capable of playing up in the lineup. I'm a big fan. Even when Mojo comes back I'd personally keep him in the lineup and sit either Nordy or Backes.

March-Berg-Pasta
JD-Krech-Mojo
Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman
Nordy/Backes-Noel-Wags

Only issue is I'm not sure if Wags would be comfortable at LW if they opt for Backes over Nordy... but I'd do whatever is necessary to keep him in the lineup with Kuraly out. We need that speed.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I owe @Saxon Eric an apology. He was bang on in his assessment of Kuhlman. Kid is an absolute player, he's got the wheels, smarts, and guts to be a darn good NHL player. Another excellent NCAA UFA find by this organization that has to be among the best teams at finding value among un-signed NCAA guys.
Their pro scouting leaves a lot to be desired, but their track record with NCAA guys, both drafted and undrafted is pretty incredible, and it has been for years.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Been worried all season about not having enough scoring from the bottom guys, as that can make a difference deep into the playoffs. Kuhlman seems like he could provide some offense while not sacrificing anything in the speed and defense depts. I am a big fan so far.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Love his wheels, energy, and he seems like he's a smart player. He's got a little Marchand in his offensive and skating approach.

I think he and Heinen could find some on ice success together.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm interested to see how he develops offensively. I didn't get to see much of him in college, but looking at his statistics, he basically put up the same numbers each of the fours he was at UMD, which makes me wonder if he's someone who adjusts quickly to a new level of hockey, but isn't necessarily going to improve.

I'm hoping they find a spot for him on the playoff roster. I think he could have a significant impact like Kuraly did a couple years ago against Ottawa. That energy and speed can be so useful in the playoffs.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Their pro scouting leaves a lot to be desired, but their track record with NCAA guys, both drafted and undrafted is pretty incredible, and it has been for years.
Last two years they have made changes including 2 full time Pro Scouts.

Here is the recent moves and they had another in 2017

A New Season Brings New Faces to the Boston Bruins Staff

The 4 they got

Halak
Wagner
Moore
Nordstrom

And all were in that Florida game the other night playing well

Kampher another good add

Reactions: Saxon Eric

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I think the Bruins under both Chiarelli & Sweeney have been very, very good at this. To me it's Sweeney's strongest suit. And, again, many of these players were captains at some point, and possess the characteristics prized by fans like me. Hard work/honest effort, toughness/mean streak (ideally!), playing with, and for, your teammates.

Noted previously many times, but the best bit about Peter Chiarelli's tenure was a return to the Bruins traditional DNA.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
he feels to me like a guy I will love on the fourth line... but probably feel underwhelmed on the top six.

is he accari's replacement when accari hits ufa this season? does accari go from a waiver wire demotion to the ahl in November to possibly a 1.5-2 mill a year signing for some other team this offseason?

if accari is coming back for less than 1.2 mill, I probably just goahead and sign him and let kuhlman be a 13th forward next year but if accari is gone I see kuhlman joining backes/kurley/norstrom/maybe wagner in that bottom line mix {I could see wagner getting regular time on the 3rd to be honest}

intresting options available here... will be fun to see how it plays out. I do think kuhlman is the providence kid I have the strongest feelings will be in nhl next year though

my top 5 gut feelings who will be in nhl fulltime next year
1/kuhlman
2/Bjork
3/vaakanainen {would be higher if there was an obvious opening for him}
4/Clifton
5/federic

hate leaving lauzon and jfk off this list... but just goes to show how loaded our prospect system is

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Nice game by the cool guy today

Boy can he fly. Skills on display as well making some nice passes. Improving along the boards.

Definitely can see him solidify a spot in the lineup next season. Looks like a speed demon type pairing with Debrusk

Reactions: Blowfish

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Watching last night's game reminded me of Paille. A couple of breakaways with his speed, didn't finish, yet still got a garbage goal around the net.
I don't know if he has real offensive upside or just going through a lucky streak at the moment but I'd leave him on Krejci's line to start the playoffs since he adds speed and defensive responsibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad