Player Discussion Karson Kuhlman, what's his upside?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Khulman clearly gets his role and I mean this in the most glowing hockey term possible:

He is total "try-hard" that excels at giving that "110%" every shift.

To me, he would be a great 4th line/energy line player. I think Kuraly, Khulman, and skater that can bring the body would bring back some Merlot line memories...

Great point. I would prefer Wagner over Kuhlman IF he brought a more consistent physical presence but Wagner seems inconsistent in that aspect and some games I’d opt for Kuhlman. I desperately want Frederic on the 4th line this season.

BUP

Sep 6, 2017
I'm a fan of Khulman, but I'd like to see some improvement with his game away from the puck in the offensive zone. Defensively he understands his role as the third man high, but I think he could show more offensive instinct.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Love his speed and effort, but the dude couldn't score in a womans prison....I'm thinking his upside is 3-5 goals per year unfortunately....

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Kuhlman has made about two or three spectacular, flashy plays that had me confusing him with Marchand in his Bruins career. The rest of the time he simply looks like a fast skating AHLer.

At this contract, no complaints. Keep him off Krejci's wing.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Wagner isn't a bad player and he, Kuraly and Frederic is a good, physical, fast line.

I’m not hopeful but I would love for Ritchie to come into camp a little lighter and motivated and finding a spot on the third line with Coyle. 15G/30-35P. 200 hits and more consistency. Along with the above:

Ritchie — Coyle — Smith
Frederic — Kuraly — Wagner

is a big, physical bottom 6 with a nice combination of size, speed and physicality. Third line lacks a true playmaker but would be a force to play against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad