Player Discussion Karson Kuhlman, what's his upside?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
a 40 point 3rd line RW? Sign me up. If he happy with 30-35 points

you feel the same about Heinen I believe if I recall some of your posts in that thread? 3rd line winger, probably hit 30 pts this year

Heinen can produce more, just not sure why he isn`t. Put himself in a great spot right in the slot, got the pass, took the shot immediately, Price robs him...ugg

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Karson is a hard working kid, can`t accuse him of being anything less, love his game but his game belongs on the 3rd line max but likely the best fit is 4th line. I want a winger up here with some finish, super small sample size but liked what Seny brought earlier this year, let`s see it again

I can see Karson putting up 30-40 pts but that will be in a season where everything goes right, can`t expect much from him in 2nd line duty, just isn`t ready for facing opponents top D

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
you feel the same about Heinen I believe if I recall some of your posts in that thread? 3rd line winger, probably hit 30 pts this year

Heinen can produce more, just not sure why he isn`t. Put himself in a great spot right in the slot, got the pass, took the shot immediately, Price robs him...ugg

min a big heinen supporter. I’ll take 30-35 points with his great back checking ability for sure.

Reactions: ODAAT

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
Kuhlman at Providence:

First 33 games: 3-8-11, 0.33 PPG
Next 34 games: 13-13-26, 0.76 PPG

Kuhlman in Boston:

First 42 games: 5-9-14, 0.33 PPG
Next 40 games: TBD

He probably won't get top 6 minutes any more but may score more with more experience at this level. Only a half season so far including playoffs.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think we may be seeing his upside in all honesty. Usually with players it seems to me that you will spot things that cause you to think "if they could do *that* more consistently" or something along those lines, you imagine a good upside. Now that he's gone, this should not be controversial, but I saw that with Heinen. You could see that with Brett Ritchie too. I have never watched Kuhlman and got the sense that there was some hidden or buried talent that has yet to emerge. He is a good player for what he is: high energy, high IQ, speedy guy with minimal offensive ability at the NHL level. In short, he is a great 4th liner and might make a decent 3rd line type also.

Reactions: Ratty

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
He's fast, smart, decent in the neutral zone, gets to the net fast, horrible playmaker in the offensive zone, likes shooting the puck at the net but generally he snipes it high off the glass. Always. Constantly. Guaranteed!
Good player to use on a regular shift if you're up by 6 with 10 minutes left.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
30 point 3rd liner (ceiling)
20 point 4th liner (floor)

In the same kind of mold as Kapanen and Johnsson from the leafs

fast skater but with just ok skills

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

25k over the minimum. I like him on a 4th line only. As of right now, I don’t see much more upside than that. With his speed and effort if he did find the score sheet more, he’d be an elite 4th liner who can move up in a pinch. Is versatile.

Nothing wrong with this contract.

Reactions: Skelen

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I see a fast smart player. I don’t imagine he will ever hit 50 points. Maybe 30-40 tops. More likely 10 goal guy with a good defensive game.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

25k over the minimum. I like him on a 4th line only. As of right now, I don’t see much more upside than that. With his speed and effort if he did find the score sheet more, he’d be an elite 4th liner who can move up in a pinch. Is versatile.

Nothing wrong with this contract.

$700,000 for 20/21 (that's minimum) and $750,000 for 21/22 (the new minimum) for AAV of $725,00. It's league minimum.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I see a fast smart player. I don’t imagine he will ever hit 50 points. Maybe 30-40 tops. More likely 10 goal guy with a good defensive game.
Hmmmmm. We can only hope for 30 points. I think he's one of many we should have moved on from.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Chris Bourque

chris-bourque1.jpg

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Khulman clearly gets his role and I mean this in the most glowing hockey term possible:

He is total "try-hard" that excels at giving that "110%" every shift.

To me, he would be a great 4th line/energy line player. I think Kuraly, Khulman, and skater that can bring the body would bring back some Merlot line memories...

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Khulman clearly gets his role and I mean this in the most glowing hockey term possible:

He is total "try-hard" that excels at giving that "110%" every shift.

To me, he would be a great 4th line/energy line player. I think Kuraly, Khulman, and skater that can bring the body would bring back some Merlot line memories...
I'd like Matt Martin to portray Sean Thornton in Merlot Line II.

Reactions: Kegs and Baddkarma

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->