Former Bruins Karson Kuhlman waived - claimed by Seattle

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
2nd line RW next season for sure

Uh no? Highly doubt it.

Kuhlman is a good player and hes earned the right to be in camp and compete for a spot. If we go into camp with him slotted in as a top six winger I think its a failure.

If anything it makes another forward prospect expendable for trade.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Uh no? Highly doubt it.

Kuhlman is a good player and hes earned the right to be in camp and compete for a spot. If we go into camp with him slotted in as a top six winger I think its a failure.

If anything it makes another forward prospect expendable for trade.

Does Kuhlman have to do backflips on ice in order for you to believe in him?

Kuhlman has come up big in the playoffs

Last night...

Think about how ridiculously difficult that it is

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
i think it's gonna come down to him and Bjork(if Bjork can stay healthy) next season, both players have a similar game.
If Bjork is healthy (big if, considering shoulder surgeries), he’ll get the slot over KK. Much more talent there. Not to take anything away from Karson, but I see him more as a 4th liner.

Reactions: Estlin

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

Last night...

Karson has 3 points in 7 games, lets pump the brakes on him a little. His stat line in Providence wasn't super impressive either.

Its not all about points, but it also shouldn't be all about a few good games in the playoffs. If we have the opportunity to acquire a better top six option you do it every day of the week.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Last night...

So you're putting a kid on the 2nd line for the future because he scored a goal? Remember when I said on the previous page that you overy hype the f*** out of everything?

I get you're excited, but chill out. You do this with literally every player when they do something positive.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Perhaps Acciari goes to market, gets himself a nice contract for which the Bs don't have the cap space, and KK takes his spot on the 4th line.

KK - Kuraly - Nordstrom. That speed and responsible play would give the other teams fits in their own end. All that for what, a little over $3M?

If KK truly does emerge as some in this thread predict, move him up. But, even in that case, a full year on this line would be good for him.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Perhaps Acciari goes to market, gets himself a nice contract for which the Bs don't have the cap space, and KK takes his spot on the 4th line.

KK - Kuraly - Nordstrom. That speed and responsible play would give the other teams fits in their own end. All that for what, a little over $3M?

If KK truly does emerge as some in this thread predict, move him up. But, even in that case, a full year on this line would be good for him.

Nordstrom -- Kuraly -- Kuhlman = would probably be the way they go (Nordy = LW and Kuhlman = RW/C)

Maybe Blidh factors in somewhere in the 4th line/13th forward.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I was calling for Kuhlman to start the playoffs over Backes. I had very little faith in Backes and a lot in Kuhlman. Fact is Kuhlman ended up looking in over his head against the Leafs. I cannot blame Bruce one bit for pulling Kuhlman out of the lineup and putting Backes in. Yeah, it hurt the offense due to speed issues, but it worked in giving the Bs an experienced physical player against the Jackets. Bruce, smartly, kept going with what was working and kept Backes in the lineup until last night. The NHL is all about matchups. It became apparent in this series that Backes was not getting the job done and was big-time hamstringing the second line offensively, but it has been a very physical series so I understand why Bruce kept going to Backes. Props to Bruce for making the right call and putting Kuhlman in last night. Really pleased with Bruce's growth as an NHL head coach and his ability to make meaningful adjustments during the playoffs. Also, it was fantastic to see Kuhlman play well last night and get a goal. I was merely hoping he would add some speed and not make any big mistakes. He obviously did more than that. I think it's a no-brainer to go with Kuhlman in game 7. That second line looked completely different without an anchor on the right wing.

Looking to next year, Kuhlman is absolutely not the answer for the 2RW, but I maintain he would be an awesome 4th liner. He would give that 4th line some offensive pop, while still doing all the things Bruce demands of his 4th liners.

Reactions: Estlin

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I liked the decision to put him in before the game, but was not expecting the game he had. Someone else put it perfectly in another thread - everyone focuses on experience come game 6 of the finals, but sometimes some young, fresh legs are what you really need.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I was dubious about Kuhlman coming back in- I like the player, but wasn't sold that he was the right guy at the time. Wrong I was and happy to be that way. I didn't think a lot about it, though, because one thing I've learned this season is to trust the lineup decisions Bruce has made because well, look where the team is. I thought Pasta needed a game off to heal. I thought the same with JDB and on and on going back to the beginning of the season. It's why Cassidy et al. are getting the big bucks and making those decisions.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
2nd line RW next season for sure
Agreed. He's the perfect player to put in at a cheap cap hit so we can focus on McAvoy and Carlo contracts.

I think it's safe to say Johansson will price himself out of our range, but Heinen will be a cheap player we can get back, and his versatility will let the Bruins consider a number of options for the other 3rd line winger. Acciari is the wildcard as we already have Wagner. I'm assuming Backes would be bought out.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Heinen-Coyle-Studnicka?
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Last edited:

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Agreed. He's the perfect player to put in at a cheap cap hit so we can focus on McAvoy and Carlo contracts.

I think it's safe to say Johansson will price himself out of our range, but Heinen will be a cheap player we can get back, and his versatility will let the Bruins consider a number of options for the other 3rd line winger. Acciari is the wildcard as we already have Wagner. I'm assuming Backes would be bought out.

DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Studnicka?-Coyle-Heinen
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Kuhlman would look great as Acciari's replacement (the latter of whom I expect will be gone, à la Schaller last season) on the fourth line. The issue, as you mention, is Wagner. Perhaps Studnicka and/or Senyshyn force themselves on the roster next season, and one of them becomes the #2 RW. Once Bjork is fully healed and has undergone some conditioning, however, I expect him to be a regular in Boston. He's just too talented not to be, and I get the impression that the Bruins management remains quite high on him (as it should).

Reactions: Ratty

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Heinen-Coyle-Studnicka?
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

I can see them bumping Wagner up to the third line to play with Coyle/Heinen and keeping the current iteration of the 4th line intact. Wagner can move back down incase of an injury or poor play and we have some options in Providence to callup for further depth ( Frederic, Stud, Senyshyn, Blidh ). I would feel more comfortable about the third line if we can keep MoJo, but I think he'll cash in his great playoff run with a nice contract somewhere else. In any event, we have some options we can explore without having to dip into the UFA pool.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Glad to see the kid prove himself and end this Backes on the 2nd line theory, he cannot even make the 4th line. JDB actually had someone to keep up to him and Krech got a shooter not a dump it in guy.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad