Former Bruins Karson Kuhlman waived - claimed by Seattle

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Kuhlman won’t even make the team next year. Why some want him to get in for the SCF?

Weak on the board and overmatched against Clb. Nowhere near an upgrade over anyone on that F roster.
He'll make the team next year no need to worry about that now
Doesn't matter who they put with Krejci,only thing that matters is the first line,they show up we'll win,they don't it's going to be a Summer of what could/should have been

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I certainly have him in every mock lineup im predicting to start next season... will he ultimately move over to center? seems to have all the tools for it. was a good game tonight... expecting to see several hundred more good games over the next few years... looking forward to a good career thats just getting going

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
Does anyone happen to know of an efficient method of finding out whether Kuhlman would be the only player to play in the Frozen Four championship and Stanley Cup Final and win both in consecutive years? Otherwise, I'll go through the rosters of every Cup winner looking for young guys and then cross-reference any likely candidates back across NCAA winning team rosters.

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
His speed was the perfect answer tonight. He turned the bigger/slower blues defensemen around, made them skate forwards towards their goal. This impacted the Blues' gap control and indirectly gave Krejci more space a few times. He was quicker on forechecks and contributed to turnovers in the O zone. And obviously that shot was spectacular. Aside from Columbus, where he wasn't effective, he has been great next to Krejci and Debrusk. I was originally thinking that the Blues' D would render him ineffective here too, but I was wrong. The Blues' D are pretty samey, except for Dunn, and it appears that Kuhlman IS effective against those bigger, heavier guys. Completely changed the tenor of that line, and the game more broadly.

aguineapig

" And with our first round pick for the 2018 Draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select from Minnesota -Duluth Karson Kuhlman". Well of course he wasn't, first round pick went to Rags for Nash. But when he was signed, I went back to some articles about him, and the bloodlines were there. Captain of that team and others before he got to UMD. Two way player, willing to the little things and all of his Coaches and teammates had nothing but praise for his leadership and character. Kuraly and Acciari were also Captains as Seniors, and much the same was said about them.
He's not going to be a 30 goal scorer, an all- star, or a Hall of Famer. But he is a Bruin. Anyone can look at a Tavares and the like, and throw a big payday at them and hope they sign. But to keep finding these kids in the weeds, and count Clifton among them, is a huge reason why we are still standing today.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00