Karri Ramo

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Is the Ramo signing expected to be announced on July 5th? I'm under the impression it's already a done deal, just have to wait before it can be done officially, right?

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Contract terms: Two-year contract $2,600,000 / $2,900,000 with an Average Annual Value of $2,750,000

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
So I'm not saying he's the second coming of Kipper or anything like that, but the fact that he's posting career bests this year on this gongshow of a hockey team make me excited about his future.

To be honest, Kipper put up similar numbers to what Ramo is doing currently, on a team that I don't think many will argue was significantly better than this team is right now.

I think Ramo is bringing a lot of stability to the back end, and giving the Flames the confidence they need to move the puck up ice, and even to take a few risks here and there without worrying that it will likely end up in the back of the net. With the team we knew we were icing this year, I think that that is all we could ever hope for and expect out of Karri Ramo.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ramo has played extremely well, especially over the last 2 months for the most part. He's definitely emerged as our starter. I think Berra has similar potential, but I think his biggest obstacle has been learning the NA game. I think he will be better next season.

Aug 3, 2010
Ramo has played extremely well, especially over the last 2 months for the most part. He's definitely emerged as our starter. I think Berra has similar potential, but I think his biggest obstacle has been learning the NA game. I think he will be better next season.
If he stays. Ramo still has another year left on his contract, Berra is only signed for this season.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
First 8 games (GA 27) GAA ~ 3.5 SV% 88.16

Last 17 (GA 38) GAA ~ 2.35 SV% 91.12

Since he has adjusted to NA he has played like a starter, sadly we aren't scoring like we were the first two months.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Interesting comment made on the broadcast from Roger Millions and ****** face Francis:

Saying Ramo has almost solidified himself as the starter. Berra and Ortio could be splitting time in the NHL as back up near the end of the season. I don't think we let Berra walk for free. I see him sign a 2 way 2 year deal in the off season or near the end

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

That Bourque trade just keeps looking better

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Ramo has honestly really impressed me since joining the Flames. He will never replace Kipper but he has proven to be a competent starter for us so far. He will never be lights-out amazing, but hes done a good job considering the team he plays for.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Since he has settled down he has played great, definitely a starter in the NHL. Hopefully he can keep it up.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Ramtastic!

Don't... Just don't

Ramo has been damn solid as of late and from the start of the season I believed he would be the guy to take the job, after suffering through Hartley shoving Berra down our throats he got his chance. Berra definitely has potential, he just needs to tone his movement down.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Don't... Just don't

Ramo has been damn solid as of late and from the start of the season I believed he would be the guy to take the job, after suffering through Hartley shoving Berra down our throats he got his chance. Berra definitely has potential, he just needs to tone his movement down.

:laugh:

I got it off the Falmes site when Ramo did the post-game interview.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Wish I could do that for your GDT's. :sarcasm:

l8ALQKX.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad