Karri Ramo

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
I'm ready for Ramo to lose in his playoffs and come on over here now. I've been watching videos on his games and he looks like the total package. That is if his game translates to the NHL, he can play in shootouts, as Avangard doesn't score very much they seem to be in a lot of them, he has the focus to play a full 60 minutes regardless of the amount of action. Frick his playoff stats are 0.51 Gaa and a .981 save percentage. I don't see him losing any time soon, but I would love to see him here very soon. Also, being Finnish I feel like him and Kipper might get along just fine, as well as ease him back into the NHL.

In fact, if we could get him here once we no longer have any shot of getting out of last place I think that would be premium.

Sorry about posting another thing relating to the future of the Flames but our goaltending situation is quite depressing and Ramo lifts my spirits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I'm ready for Ramo to lose in his playoffs and come on over here now. I've been watching videos on his games and he looks like the total package. That is if his game translates to the NHL, he can play in shootouts, as Avangard doesn't score very much they seem to be in a lot of them, he has the focus to play a full 60 minutes regardless of the amount of action. Frick his playoff stats are 0.51 Gaa and a .981 save percentage. I don't see him losing any time soon, but I would love to see him here very soon. Also, being Finnish I feel like him and Kipper might get along just fine, as well as ease him back into the NHL.

In fact, if we could get him here once we no longer have any shot of getting out of last place I think that would be premium.

Sorry about posting another thing relating to the future of the Flames but our goaltending situation is quite depressing and Ramo lifts my spirits.

I haven't seen much of Ramo besides his early years playing for Tampa. The question with Ramo is very much can he transfer his game over here in Calgary. I personally hope we get him next season because things are looking pretty bad for this team this year. I don't think he's in the Flames' plans this year so I hope he has a great playoffs. As Kipper is getting older, I would very much like to have a goalie tandem of Kipper/Ramo next season where they play half/half to kinda ease Ramo into that goaltending postion.. No point in rushing him.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I think Ramo could be the next big thing which is exactly what we need. I'm just hoping for him to perform well in his POs and for him to want to bring his very A game next season.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Its pretty obvious I think, based on how the Flames have treated their other backups this year, that Ramo is going to be the guy going forward.

Risking losing Irving, traded Karl and juggling two AHL goalies. All signs point to Ramo for me.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I don't think we see him this year as we are already at 49 contracts and management has made it clear they want to try and sign college free agents. But think it is clear given how Irving has been treated that management expects Ramo to come over and most likely expects him to be a starter. Given how some of the goalies have done so far that have come over to NA after playing over seas last few years I have pretty high hope from Ramo.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I don't think we see him this year as we are already at 49 contracts and management has made it clear they want to try and sign college free agents. But think it is clear given how Irving has been treated that management expects Ramo to come over and most likely expects him to be a starter. Given how some of the goalies have done so far that have come over to NA after playing over seas last few years I have pretty high hope from Ramo.
Yeah, just take a look at a guy like Viktor Fasth who had less impressive stats in an inferior, very defensive league and played his way into a 2 year extension in under 10 games with ANA. It's not far fetched that Ramo can come in and be a starter sooner rather than later. I just hope he can be committed to the NHL and more importantly the Flames.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, just take a look at a guy like Viktor Fasth who had less impressive stats in an inferior, very defensive league and played his way into a 2 year extension in under 10 games with ANA. It's not far fetched that Ramo can come in and be a starter sooner rather than later. I just hope he can be committed to the NHL and more importantly the Flames.

Didn't he get his first NHL shot under Feaster?

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Well, Fasth never played in America before. He started playing hockey late and worked his way up through the lower tier leagues in Sweden. Pretty cool story actually. Hard to not cheer for the guy to do well.

Ya sorry, meant Ramo, was commenting on Ramo showing some loyalty to the Flames, and I figure he might actually have some towards Feaster, as Feaster has shown two times in his career that he wants him on his team.

Also, on the topic of near future goaltending, it would be cool if after Kippers contract was up, Ortio was able to make the transition, as apparently only Finnish goalies are allowed to win consistently in Calgary lol.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Ya sorry, meant Ramo, was commenting on Ramo showing some loyalty to the Flames, and I figure he might actually have some towards Feaster, as Feaster has shown two times in his career that he wants him on his team.

Also, on the topic of near future goaltending, it would be cool if after Kippers contract was up, Ortio was able to make the transition, as apparently only Finnish goalies are allowed to win consistently in Calgary lol.
Maybe if our backup was Finnish the team would show up in front of him every once in a while :laugh: Can't believe management never thought of that!

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Well who knows for 100% certainty but he hasn't given any indication of not coming here. Here's an interview from last May, can't find anything more recent but I doubt he's changed his outlook. If anything the current goalie farce should convince him even further that the starter job is indeed up for grabs.
If I'm not mistaken I believe that Ramo has said that the only way he would come over is to be a number 1 goalie. I have no source to that but I think that was why he was more excited to be a flame then he was under the Canadiens organization because he wants to be a number 1 in the NHL.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Not sure this was posted already but according to Finnish reporter Juha Hiitelä, Flames want Rämö to come over after his games in the khl are done

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/nhl/art-1288534529046.html
Did feaster not say in his interview last week about the roster that Ramo will not come over this season? I believe he was asked if Ramo would come over after this KHL season and he said no but was possibly next year.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
If I'm not mistaken I believe that Ramo has said that the only way he would come over is to be a number 1 goalie. I have no source to that but I think that was why he was more excited to be a flame then he was under the Canadiens organization because he wants to be a number 1 in the NHL.

He said he wants to be given a chance to compete for that spot, but he also said he would love to play with Kipper

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
He said he wants to be given a chance to compete for that spot, but he also said he would love to play with Kipper

With kipper only having another year on his deal, and this team possibly having no other choice but to rebuild, this could probably be the best situation for him to be given a chance at being a number 1 in my mind.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
With kipper only having another year on his deal, and this team possibly having no other choice but to rebuild, this could probably be the best situation for him to be given a chance at being a number 1 in my mind.
This is what I'm thinking.

I'd imagine he will come next year to learn from Kipper, and they will share starts. That is, if Kipper doesn't retire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad