Proposal: Karlsson to the Habs

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
Makes absolutely no sense for either team.

Here is a minute that could have been better spent. Happens a loooot these days. But hey, that's life.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Weber is not even an nhl defenseman at this point who's 4M overpaid for anotger 8 years... Max Pacioretty is a one dimensional 17 goals scorer who never scored in the playoffs and will want 10M in free agency. Mete is ok. 2019 lotery pick, let's forget about that at go on with Weber and Pac again... am I doing this right!?

No freakin way I touch this deal for an unsigned Karlsson. He will go the UFA route and sign to a contender ish just like Tavares.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
damn this is horrible. As a rebuilding team I would never ever give that first alone for EK. No way in hell.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
Don't give Bergevin any crazy ideas..

This is total larceny at the Hab's expense. First, EK is UFA in a year and unlikely to re-sign. And you don't want to give up your best players or draft picks for the privilege of taking back a cap dump in Bobby Ryan.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Terrible deal for the Sens.

Eh, I don't know about that. Ryan for Weber is maybe ultimately a wash (and frankly I think there are teams out there that would have interest in Weber, can't say the same for Ryan), but Patches (who can be dealt for additional assets like a late first and a solid prospect), a likely lottery pick, and Mete is not bad value for Karlsson at this moment in time.

It doesn't matter anyway, because I can't envision a world in which Karlsson signs with Montreal, making this even more pointless beyond just straight value.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Said it before gonna say it again, Weber's contract may be for 8 more years but he will not play out the last 3. It is the same as hossa's deal, he will retire or be put on ltir. So where's contract ends when he is 37.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
over 30 million on 2dmen and a goalie. that can never be all on the ice at the same time except for pp's

But, If Weber is going back to Ottawa in the hypothetical Karlsson trade, who is the other d-Man making 8 million plus that can only play on the power play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad