Speculation: Karlsson the upcoming season

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
What do you predict in terms of over all play, points, other statistics and possible hardware?

Erik-Karlsson.jpg

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
16 Goals 64 Assists for 80 Points, finalist for the Norris. Helps lead Ottawa to Game 7 of the Eastern Conference 2nd round.

WhiteLight*

30 points in the 1st half, ppg in the 2nd half, ~70 points, Olympic Gold/Silver, Stanley Cup

OK that last one may be more wishful thinking

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
People need to understand one thing.

In the sense of Erik Karlsson, you may as well pencil him in as a linemate fore whatever forward line he's playing with. If Spezza remains healthy and gels with Ryan, and Karlsson is on the ice when they are, he will put up PPG+. If Spezza gets injured and Karlsson is out there with Colin Greening and Erik Condra the whole time, he's not going to put up as many points.

That's not factoring him still being injured, because I don't think it's rational to expect that. He was supposed to be ready for this season all along, and a nice training camp will give him the time he needs to sort out all his timing issues. I expect an Erik Karlsson on opening night that is much closer to the Norris winner than the one that we saw at times in the playoffs where he was clearly not 100%.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
15 goals 40 assists. 2nd team all-star. Finishes 3rd for Norris.

Yes, those stats are quite low but I still have him finishing high overall.

WhiteLight*

15 goals 40 assists. 2nd team all-star. Finishes 3rd for Norris.

Yes, those stats are quite low but I still have him finishing high overall.

I think if he plays a full season, there's no way he gets less than 60 points. Whether he's 100% or not. The guy is an offensive machine. Creating goals is so easy for him. Even in the playoffs and at the end of last season, the points were still there.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Honestly, he wasn't that good in the playoffs, but he still put up points.

When Karlsson plays injured, it's not his production that suffers, it's his defence.

WhiteLight*

Honestly, he wasn't that good in the playoffs, but he still put up points.

When Karlsson plays injured, it's not his production that suffers, it's his defence.

His offense suffers a little, but true for the most part.

He was still better defensively than Subban. Lol

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
The guy had 8 points in 10 games in the playoffs last year, without even being near 100%. Not expecting anything less than 60-65 points.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Just as he was last season before the injury:

Best Player in the Game
Norris and Hart
Leads all D in points and goals
top 10 in NHL scoring

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Karlsson walks down the side feeds Ryan a one time pass and he buries it!

Cant wait! 70 points, easily.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
I am going to play devil's advocate here and say if fans of any other team were predicting 70 points for their defensemen, after doing it once, you'd all find it very annoying.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I am going to play devil's advocate here and say if fans of any other team were predicting 70 points for their defensemen, after doing it once, you'd all find it very annoying.
Why...

How many other active defenseman have had 75 point season? I know there's 1, but that was like 5 years ago.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Why...

How many other active defenseman have had 75 point season? I know there's 1, but that was like 5 years ago.

Players have very productive years despite sustaining a similar quality of play. I am not convinced that Karlsson will be a consistent 78 point player after seeing him do it once. This team went from a wide open offensive system, to a defensive system, and now we don`t really know. I have a difficult time expecting Maclean to scrap what worked so well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00