Friedman: Karlsson IS Willing to Extend in Canada

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
His wife is from Ottawa and so is her family, with whom she's super close. EK and her have more than one Ottawa-based charity (one that is brand new) that they have spear-headed. His best friend and mentor is in Ottawa. He has serious ties here.

That really doesn't mean anything. Subban continued to support the Montreal hospital after leaving. Tavares just left a spot where he was basically a god. Now, as a Leaf fan do I want him to leave? Yes. However as a fan of the player who has defended him on here time and time again, and am looking at the situation from his perspective? What reason is there to stay?

- Family of wife
- Ties to community
- Familiarity with franchise

??

Reasons to leave

- Can join a team with an owner willing to spend to win and still get paid
- Can pick a management group that is competent
- Sens will be garbage through his prime years with no first round pick next year
- Can join a team with other star talents so that he has some help to win

I am sure that his wife will have a say but even she must be sour with the organization after the whole drama this offseason.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
That really doesn't mean anything. Subban continued to support the Montreal hospital after leaving. Tavares just left a spot where he was basically a god. Now, as a Leaf fan do I want him to leave? Yes. However as a fan of the player who has defended him on here time and time again, and am looking at the situation from his perspective? What reason is there to stay?

- Family of wife
- Ties to community

??

Reasons to leave

- Sens will be garbage through his prime years with no first round pick next year

I am sure that his wife will have a say but even she must be sour with the organization after the whole drama this offseason.
You asked "why would he", I'm just throwing out reasons. I'm not saying he will, but it's not like there is nothing for him here.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018

- Family of wife
- Ties to community

??

Reasons to leave

Yeah, real life connections dont mean a thing. Screw family and charities, all that matters is hockey!

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Of course they mean something....
So potentially do
Chance to win
Getting paid what he is worth (and knowing the team will pay others to win)
Taxes
Blue skies
Clean water
Schools
Travel
No crazy teammate wives

Ok some of these may not, but I don’t know what he wants so everything is in the table!:laugh:

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
That ++++ better be freaking massive. Probably Kadri, Liljegren, Sandin
Sorry that is too much. Unless you mean just one of them. Kadri IMHO is one of the most valuable centers in the league with that contract. Absolutely untouchable.

Nylander+Gardiner+1st 2018+one of our young forwards (brown, Johanson*sp*, kapanen)

Should get the deal done IMHO. Gardiner can be resigned or flipped later. Ottawa still needs to ice an NHL team.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I doubt he's re-signing with the Sens if Melnyk is the owner.

Melnyk should really sell the team. Pathetic owner.

I hate the Senators respectfully as a Habs fan. And I know our team is going threw a ****show as well. But no fans deserve what’s transpired the last year in Ottawa. It’s a crime what Melnyk is about has and will put them threw.

Reactions: Jozay

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Do you guys think there’s any senario where he makes it to UFA? I know he has connections to all the Swedes here I hope he at least can have a chance at him WITHOUT giving any assests.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think the only Canadian team Karlsson would sign with is Toronto. With their Swedish contingent. The legends of Salming and Sundin before him. A chance to win the Cup. And a Toronto media machine that will make him a marketable star.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
I think the only Canadian team Karlsson would sign with is Toronto. With their Swedish contingent. The legends of Salming and Sundin before him. A chance to win the Cup. And a Toronto media machine that will make him a marketable star.
You mean Nylander?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad