Rumor: Karlsson goes to Tampa..Tor vs TPA allstar games

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If this happens and sounds close by a lot of the chatter on twitter itll be like watching an allstar game when these 2 meet.

Us JT and them Karlsson ...wow Boston has fallen way down in my opinion they've done nothing. Have an aged Chara and Beregon. Yes they have young talent but also lost Schaller this summer.

Next yr is going to be fun

Well hapy for them. Ryans contract has to go with him for the sens to do it lol. Add it up and lettum have EK.

I could care less about him or TB getting him. Not interested in him one single bit.

I hope they do het him and throw their cap structure right in to the Cyclone

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
if he played anything like he did last year im not worried, but if he returns to form the guy is a beast lol

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The big risk here is will he ever be the same? The guy went from being litterally the best player on the planet to looking really medicre after the big surgery.

Reactions: OddyOh

BeLeafInTheFuture

Jul 4, 2018
Scotland
I'd be more comfortable if we could sort our defense to Tampa's level, being honest, I'd give the advantage to them if they managed to get Karlsson it further strengthens the argument. I'd say the forwards corps is pretty much a tie, possibly giving an edge to the Leafs(some may say biased) but either way, it's close.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Clearly you dont know Dorian. Final deal will probably be EK for Killorn, Callahan and any other salary Tampa doesnt want.
:laugh: True, I forgot who we were talking about here.

Can't believe he's gonna go from being so against trading within the Division that he loses value on Hoffman to dealing his franchise player to a Division rival. What a mess that situation is over there...

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Could be a game changer. Tampa we'll be anchored by two guys with wonky legs/ankles.

May just turn a competitive rivalry into a one sided affair when they have $20M in the press box.

This is a huge stretch. Karlsson is a freak of nature and he will be himself next season. He'll have a long summer to recover and be ready.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
I hope he doesn't go there man. Hopefully they send him out west. Tampa has a great package though of prospects and a lot to offer the Sens so you never know, Dorion might just be that stupid and trade him in the same division.

Well, if Tampa gives the best offer, why not go for it? I mean, it's not like the Sens are going to be competitors for the next 5 years or anything.

Reactions: IBeL34f

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
my guess is Sergachev, Cirelli, 1st, conditional pick to Ott
Palat to 3rd team

Last edited:

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
The big risk here is will he ever be the same? The guy went from being litterally the best player on the planet to looking really mediocre after the big surgery.

62 points in 71 games is far from mediocre. In terms of ppg, he was better than any defenseman in the league. All while coming back from that surgery, AND dealing with his son's death. Karlsson is as elite as it gets. Even though his team was utter garbage last season, he still put up numbers that make forwards green with envy.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Sounds like the Rangers are the 3rd team involved.
which would make sense for Callahan being former player (captain?)
not sure why they'd help divisional though

also updated my prediction
my guess is Sergachev, Cirelli, 1st, conditional pick to Ott

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
I'd actually be pretty happy with Tampa signing Karlsson unless Ottawa makes an absolutely ridiculously bad trade. I expect at least Sergachev will be gone who scares me more over the next 5 years than Karlsson.

They already have HUGE cap issues next year even without adding any additional salary as it is. Just don't see how they'll continue to be competitive in 1-2 years if they take on Karlsson with a 10M+ contract. I doubt Melnyk is going to take on a salary dump.

Karlsson didn't just look mediocre last year, he looked terrible. I'm just not certain he's worth the money being talked about.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
I think Tampa's going to be in more than cap hell come 2019/20. That bottom third of their D is all UFA, and unless one or more make the decision to return at a substantial discount, all they are left with is three REALLY expensive D, possibly Sergachev (except if he goes to OTT in the deal) and then a bunch of kids who might or might not be ready. Of course, they could always just sign a bunch of one year vets to tide them over. Hmmm...why does that sound so familiar?:sarcasm:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Toronto vs Tampa Bay is going to be amazing.

However, hopefully Dallas or Vegas step up and he goes out West, though Melnyk seems like the type of guy to be willing to trade him in division just to try and hurt the Leafs

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Karlsson is so overrated.. sure he puts up point as a dman but he gets walked around like a pylon.... for.us its better if tampa loses a good all arouns dman than keep karlsson. Remember matthews alwaya undresses him lmaooo

Reactions: Zizzzzy

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Toronto vs Tampa Bay is going to be amazing.

However, hopefully Dallas or Vegas step up and he goes out West, though Melnyk seems like the type of guy to be willing to trade him in division just to try and hurt the Leafs
idk, he took less value for Hoffman to trade him out of the division

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad