Value of: Kappanen for Jenner

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Pass.
Doesn't make much sense from a value perspective. Kapanen fits well with our team, is great on both ends of the ice, and in my opinion is a more valuable piece then Jenner.

Meanwhile, as a poster above stated, it doesn't make sense to trade a center for a RW when they have Atkinson, Anderson, Bjorkstrand, Bemstrom, Robinson on the right.

If anything a deal that makes most sense on both sides would be Kerfoot + for Nuutivara/Savard

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Leafs get size and grit while Columbus gets speed and a solid two way player.

Thoughts?

He makes 3.7M and has 17pts.

Here's a name, Jordan Greenway, 6'6 230, 19pts and is an RFA.

We already drafted his brother J.D Greenway.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
Leafs are so tight for money and Jenner is getting paid like 600k more.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Neither are Kapanen and Jenner, but at the right price everyone is available. And GM's don't have the emotional attachment fans do.
Granted, and I won't claim Greenway's not in the mix along with Zucker, Foligno and Donato to be shipped out before next season. He'd just be at the bottom of the list for me for entirely unemotional reasons.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I feel like this doesn't actually many any sense for either team. One of those special trades that both sides reject because this helps nobody.

Reactions: Fro and Viqsi

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
they just got a grit guty that can punch faces and it didnt cost kapanen.

Jenner makes 3.75 with term and wont hit 30pts this year. hard pass. thats a bad contract

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Doesn’t make sense for Columbus. We need to add a viable top 6 C, especially with Wennberg on IR. Trading away Jenner would decimate our center depth behind Dubois.
Isn't Jenner more effective on the wing?

Thats what my impression was at least.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Value favors the Jackets but right now they have Dubois and Nash at center with Ryan MacInnis called up in Wennberg's absence. Otherwise, it is Jenner at center and that's about it. Texier may be a center in the future but right now Torts doesn't trust him enough at center and he is injured anyways.

When healthy, the Jackets only have 3 centers with Jenner being the fourth (and best faceoff man).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad