GDT: Kapitols @ Solar>Oil. 10.00pm EST.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
To think the Caps lost twice to Arizona this year. Had they won those games and some OTs they would be ahead in the standings. Oh well, give me more of the young guns in the lineup. Miro my star of the game for the Caps. He could have had a few more goals tonight.

Kraken owns the Caps at home so far in their short franchise life.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
From here until the end of the season Lindgren needs to be the starter and Kuemper can get the back to backs.

Lindgren has earned it. And the team probably plays better with him in net anyway.

Reactions: Corby78

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm wondering if the Caps didn't try to shop him and expected too much in return.
No team would take that remaining contract as is. 50% of it has to be retained. Kuemper with a $2.625 million cap hit is a lot more appealing to a team who needs a goalie. If I were a teams GM that needs a goalie, I would talk to my goalie coach to assess if the goalie coach can help Kuemper fix his game and fit better with how the team plays in front of him. There can be takers for Kuemper for the right price. If I'm BMac, I would asses that Kuemper has not been a good fit with Scott Murray whether it was Lavi's system or Carbery's system. They have to try to trade him in the offseason, because putting on waivers to play in Hershey is bad for developing Stevenson. If Kuzy can be 50% retained and traded, then so can Kuemper.

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Going back to this game, coaching and the players were mostly bad tonight. There is no excuse to give up 3 PP goals. You knew at home the Oilers were gonna draw PP's. Not good enough preparation by the coaching staff to game plan the teams PK. Were the players coming off IR really ready? Dowd takes unnecessary penalty and Wilson was a ghost from what I saw. Jensen looked awful tonight and he is probably our best skating d-man(maybe Sandin has a slight edge). After tying up the score 2-2, the team lost their focus and patience allowing Hyman to make it 3-2 in short time. I thought the team played better defensively against the Jets than what they showed tonight. I don't want to hear the team is too slow excuse because it's so used up saying it. They didn't play smart enough, and got burned on the PK and in all 3 periods.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
No Ovie goals makes me sad. From here on out the talk should be Ovie goals, developing the kids, and draft position. Let’s stop this nonsense about a wildcard spot.
You can, but I won't. Overall the Flyers/Wings are playing worse than the Caps, even with the two bad games against the Jets/Oilers. I still see the Flyers/Wings missing the playoffs. Islanders will get in and the Sabres(yes them) could get in, if the Caps don't want it. Bolts aint easily escaping missing either!

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
You can, but I won't. Overall the Flyers/Wings are playing worse than the Caps, even with the two bad games against the Jets/Oilers. I still see the Flyers/Wings missing the playoffs. Islanders will get in and the Sabres(yes them) could get in, if the Caps don't want it. Bolts aint easily escaping missing either!
Well since I would rather have a improved roster infused with the next youth movement going forward, over getting to watch a 1-4 series loss in round one this year. That is what I’ll do.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
He's broke right now. It's up to the goalie coach to get your slumping goalie to work on basics and maybe he picks himself up again. Maybe in the offseason the Caps retain some his salary and trade him for another bad contract. I still believe Kuemper can bounce back with a different goalie coach.

I thought he made a few pretty nice saves tonight and showed some battle in the net. The team totally hung him out to dry. Guy hasn't played in a few weeks and they start the game off with 6 straight minutes of penalty killing against McDavid and Draisaitl. Crazy.

Fehervary didn't look like he was ready to be back in the lineup. Bad reads and missed coverage all over the ice. To be fair, it was a tough assignment for him coming back from injury.

Miro continues to impress. His skating is underrated and he's not afraid to go into high traffic zones or get in on the forecheck. I especially like that he's willing to shoot the puck. I think we have a winner here and I'm starting to believe he may be up with the big club to stay.

I would much rather see Alexeyev get games than Bear. Bear just doesn't have the speed to make him an effective puck mover. Alexeyev has a higher ceiling, time to put him in and see what he can do the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
*Red Tank engine rumbling intensifies*
We're back boys!

1000007001.jpg

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
The caps have a harder schedule for the rest of the year than any of those teams. That will have an impact whether or not you accept it.

Reactions: PlushMinus

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Pretty good game, even though the final score looks brutal.

Oilers were lethal and Skinner bounced back really well after letting in 2 first shots. High-danger chances were actually 13-13 for the entire game and expected goals advantage was in the Caps favor 3.39 - 3.02. Other team finished their chances better, as you'd expect with their personnel.

Anyways, moving on. This final stretch filled with elite teams will likely end their Playoff push but atleast we get to see the kids get legit chances against top competition. Should help a lot when trying to put together a line-up for next season.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Little bit annoyed by Oilers fans claiming Skinner "owned Ovie". Oh well, maybe they don't often get the chance to keep him off the score sheet.

But kind of rich for a team that has two of the best players in the league and hasn't won a goddamn thing....

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Well since I would rather have a improved roster infused with the next youth movement going forward, over getting to watch a 1-4 series loss in round one this year. That is what I’ll do.

I think playoff experience for our young players is more valuable than being a few spots higher in the draft.

Look at Buffalo, they’ve sucked for almost 15 years now despite all the high draft picks. They have a losing culture and they can’t shake it off.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
BTW the last two games were just a preview of what the playoffs would look like , for those of you foolish enough to want this team to make it.

Just keep on tankin'.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad