Kapanen vs B.Tkachuk vs A.Svechnikov

More points

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Probation because thhe pooll is she most points and Kapanen will be playing with Tavares and Marner

He already played with Matthews last year though, and Hyman didn't get a ton of points with Tavares and Marner last year either. He can probably get 40+ ES points but he won't be a powerplay regular like Tkachuk will be and Svechnikov should be given natural progression.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He already played with Matthews last year though, and Hyman didn't get a ton of points with Tavares and Marner last year either. He can probably get 40+ ES points but he won't be a powerplay regular like Tkachuk will be and Svechnikov should be given natural progression.

Hyman doesn't have near the skill Kapanen does, or the speed

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Tkachuk will be the best forward on his team. Think it's him here mostly because of opportunity. Somebody has to score.

Having said that Svechnikov could have a big season, definitely see him flirting with 30 goals if he develops any early chemistry with a line and especially if he plays with Aho.

Kapanen is a nice little player but doesn't belong in this conversation.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I'm a Leafs fan and i say this with full respect. Kappy doesnt belong there.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I should have voted Kapanen out of spite but obviously he is only listed to lose. Bizarre but funny in an HF kinda way.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
One plays for the one of the top offensive teams in the league. The other, one of the worst. Context

So what I'm getting for this (but not just you), is that NO Leaf deserves to be in conversations, since their stats are inflated, So Kapanen should not have 31pts, and Tkachuk should have 20pts more? Svechnikov is on a middle of the
pack team, should he have more or less?

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
One plays for the one of the top offensive teams in the league. The other, one of the worst. Context
Kapanen plays mostly 3rd line minutes, so not playing with Matthews, Tavares, Marner, or Nylander for like 80% of the season. Little powerplay time (sometimes plays on the 2nd unit which might get 20-30 seconds a powerplay). Sometimes playing on a bad team gives you a better opportunity to produce. So context?

Disclaimer: I don't think Kapanen is in the same tier as Tkachuk or Svechnikov, especially long-term. However playing on a deep team up front has hindered his production more than helped. I would almost guarantee he has more points on a bottom 10 team right now.

Mar 26, 2010
Why did Kapanen get in this poll? The other 2 players are more valuable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad