Recalled/Assigned: Kapanen recalled/Gauthier assigned

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
I think Goat really needs to learn to use his size and play with a physical edge. He plays way too passively for his size. His last game I saw glimpses of it, but he needs to use his size a lot more.

Reactions: Tlo1 and Ziggdiezan

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Kapanen Matthews Nylander
Marleau Kadri Marner
JVR Bozak Brown
Leivo Komarov Hyman

Makes more sense to me and if not Goat, Fehr but would not touch Moore again. Awful player, worse than Goat.
I don't agree with throwing Kapp onto the first line when he has limited NHL experience to date. That is a big ask.

He could end up there eventually but I'd rather see him start on the 4th or with Bozak to ease him in a little.

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
I think Goat really needs to learn to use his size and play with a physical edge. He plays way too passively for his size. His last game I saw glimpses of it, but he needs to use his size a lot more.

Sadly, just not in his DNA

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Ya that line today would be a handful and could eat some minutes too. Ease the load for the other 3 lines.
Also kickstarting Kadri and his line into producing would help a lot

If Marner is going to play on the Kadri line we need the 4th line to pick up some slack defensively, I like Marner but he's still got some work to do in that area

If the new 4th line can eat 10-12 minutes of tough defensive usage that would help

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
If Marner is going to play on the Kadri line we need the 4th line to pick up some slack defensively, I like Marner but he's still got some work to do in that area

If the new 4th line can eat 10-12 minutes of tough defensive usage that would help
Ya Mitch has had some rough games lately. I think him playing there will help because now he has to responsible pros with him so if he gaffes it won't be as glaringly bad
And that 4th line should be able to take some heavier match ups. If they deploy it like they did when Boyle was here I would be happy

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Could be a trade in the works with all the little movements.
Maybe.
I wonder if there are any difference-makers available.
I'd love to trade Bozak to a team that needs an offensive 2C and can send us a defensive 3C.

Reactions: weems

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Ya Mitch has had some rough games lately. I think him playing there will help because now he has to responsible pros with him so if he gaffes it won't be as glaringly bad
And that 4th line should be able to take some heavier match ups. If they deploy it like they did when Boyle was here I would be happy

If we're not going to play a shutdown line someone needs to eat some tough matchups and I'd prefer it not to be the Matthews line if possible

Having 3 scoring lines and a 4th line that can play a shutdown type role would set the team up better, having the 4th line getting filled in every night isn't helping anything right now

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017
Kapanen Matthews Nylander
Marleau Kadri Marner
JVR Bozak Brown
Leivo Komarov Hyman

Makes more sense to me and if not Goat, Fehr but would not touch Moore again. Awful player, worse than Goat.
I would swap Leivo and Kap. Leivo is better at puck battles then Hyman and has soft hands which allows him to make soft passes in tight.
People don't realize that winning puck battles is more then just hustle and physicality. You gotta have hands to be effective. Hyman just crashes and bangs and keeps the puck in the corner or losses it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I would swap Leivo and Kap. Leivo is better at puck battles then Hyman and has soft hands which allows him to make soft passes in tight.
People don't realize that winning puck battles is more then just hustle and physicality. You gotta have hands to be effective. Hyman just crashes and bangs and keeps the puck in the corner or losses it.

Set up a beauty last night.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
This would be a good start.....2 more moves would better.....Hyman and Bozak.....and yes I know ,Hyman works hard and is an effective forechecker ,but can't convert or set up chances beyond throwing it in front and praying.

Reactions: david999 and Tlo1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad