Kane with sports hernia - had it all year

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Great point. Not all that much difference between Stone's spleen injury and Kane's sports hernia. Yet everyone with a microphone associated with the NHL press went on and on about the state of Stone's spleen, how it was a legit.

Evander had a whale of a game. Unsung hero... some of the best offensive zone fundamentals going.

He didn't get a point but he helped tilt the ice. You don't ship guys out like this.
you can tell how smart kane was last night, first 2 on 1 the defender deflected the pass with his skate, exact same play 3 shifts later fake pass and shot with no rebound. exact same play again and kane sees it perry and shoots low opposite pad for a rebound pass and perry almost gets it. makes his so hard to defend as akings d man because he did 3 different plays from the same spot. hes gonna blow up for 3 goals in one game this series. and if i had to guess it will be the elimination game

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
At least he ex-spleened himself unlike Mark Stone

Can you force a player to go on LTIR with something you “can play through”?

I’m guessing the answer is no, which is why he didn’t go on LTIR
Stone won his new spleen in a poker game. The man is a genius. Also why does Las Vegas always manipulate with Stone? They could shelve half their roster to avoid accusations. Or is it his 10 million contract.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
you can tell how smart kane was last night, first 2 on 1 the defender deflected the pass with his skate, exact same play 3 shifts later fake pass and shot with no rebound. exact same play again and kane sees it perry and shoots low opposite pad for a rebound pass and perry almost gets it. makes his so hard to defend as akings d man because he did 3 different plays from the same spot. hes gonna blow up for 3 goals in one game this series. and if i had to guess it will be the elimination game
Good eye. That's depth and no question Evander Kane was driving that line. Kane could have had a point or two on the third line, even strength, just like Draisaitl could have had another point or two on the second line.

Gotta think Connor Brown draws in next game. On the 4th line. That's depth.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Good eye. That's depth and no question Evander Kane was driving that line. Kane could have had a point or two on the third line, even strength, just like Draisaitl could have had another point or two on the second line.

Oh, Brown was not even playing. LA is now f***ed. lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Perfect_Drug

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Stone won his new spleen in a poker game. The man is a genius. Also why does Las Vegas always manipulate with Stone? They could shelve half their roster to avoid accusations. Or is it his 10 million contract.

I think it's just that the guy has had a lot of injuries and his body can't handle 82 games plus playoffs, so may as well use him as the LTIR option as you get the benefit of a fully recharged Stone in time for playoffs.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I think it's just that the guy has had a lot of injuries and his body can't handle 82 games plus playoffs, so may as well use him as the LTIR option as you get the benefit of a fully recharged Stone in time for playoffs.
Good point.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

yeah if i had to pick its janmark out brown in
id also get holloway on the PK

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Good point.

It's the only conclusion that makes sense other than of course the injuries and timelines being 100% legit without some manipulation of details which would have to be one of the craziest coincidences ever to happen.

You'd think if Stone was capable of playing 82 games + playoffs without breaking down, they'd prefer that since he is a difference maker for that team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It's the only conclusion that makes sense other than of course the injuries and timelines being 100% legit without some manipulation of details which would have to be one of the craziest coincidences ever to happen.

You'd think if Stone was capable of playing 82 games + playoffs without breaking down, they'd prefer that since he is a difference maker for that team.
People seem to forget too that if this was November he wouldn't be playing. Guys will play with shit come playoff time. We see it every round as teams get knocked out and all of a sudden all these players are going for surgery or have major rehabbing to go through.

Heck even Hughes and Meier fought through injuries just trying to get their team to the playoffs.

I don't hold it against Stone or Vegas. It's the NHL that hasn't changed this rule that really is at fault.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Thats clearly whats going on and its a loophole that the NHL needss to address.

Reactions: Mack a doodle doo

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007

But keeping him on LTIR until the playoffs allows them to add 10 million in value through trades. That's almost the equivalent of Hyman and Ekholm. They brought in Hertl and Hanifin, and now Stone returns. With him in the line-up at the trade deadline, there is no way they can fit one much less both players.

Reactions: AM

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
People seem to forget too that if this was November he wouldn't be playing. Guys will play with shit come playoff time. We see it every round as teams get knocked out and all of a sudden all these players are going for surgery or have major rehabbing to go through.

Heck even Hughes and Meier fought through injuries just trying to get their team to the playoffs.

I don't hold it against Stone or Vegas. It's the NHL that hasn't changed this rule that really is at fault.
But they are unethical, and there will be no rule change unless people shame them.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
But they are unethical, and there will be no rule change unless people shame them.
You aren't wrong there. Hence why I'm very happy they are playing an American team round 1 and every broadcast is making fun of it and or complaining about it. If Stone scored 2 minutes in against a Canadian team it would've just stayed in Canada, but now the American broadcasters are taking their jabs.

It was already on the social media, but the NHL doesn't seem to care about that. Maybe with viewers starting to hear what a joke it is they'll do something.

NHL hates when it hits that wider audience that they understand. Won't surprise me if they try mute the broadcaster and analysts on this.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Should've LTIRed him til playoffs and added someone like Guentzel.
We'll see if Holloway can come up big and develop into some sort of difference maker. Or Connor Brown steps up big time. Maybe McLeod... maybe all three.

It's frustrating Kane didn't get the LTIR treatment, it doesn't seem that difficult of a road to take "rules wise".

The thing that bothers me the most is Canadian NHL media, our own media, universally gives Vegas a pass but if the Oil tried to pick up an extra significant piece by placing Kane on LTIR, that same media would be jumping on the neck of a Canadian market ferociously.

And we have ample evidence of the Canadian media doing just that with the Pronger situation and the decade of darkness.

Many Edmontonians still have a negative outlook of their own city because of the motherf***ers in the media. All that bullshit was a creation of the motherf***ing media. Bettman's media.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
We'll see if Holloway can come up big and develop into some sort of difference maker. Or Connor Brown steps up big time. Maybe McLeod... maybe all three.

It's frustrating Kane didn't get the LTIR treatment, it doesn't seem that difficult of a road to take "rules wise".

The thing that bothers me the most is Canadian NHL media, our own media, universally gives Vegas a pass but if the Oil tried to pick up an extra significant piece by placing Kane on LTIR, that same media would be jumping on the neck of a Canadian market ferociously.
Player has to be on board as well. Not all players just want to sit out.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
You never heard Kane complaining about ice time while hurt all year? Clearly not going to be easy to convince him to sit
I've heard Evander mention ice time once this season, this was after a game during an interview with Gene Principe I believe. I don't know if that's defining evidence that leads to a conclusion about anything.

I may be mistaken but the interview, like I just mentioned, was right after a game where Kane scored. I'm pretty sure. Maybe he was grumpy because he was in pain because of a f***ing sports hernia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad