Proposal: Kane to Buffalo

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
No, he maybe welcome if he takes a hometown discount when he is a UFA and do something officially to redeem himself for the Beach story.
I am all for redemption especially because he was young and dumb but he has to make a serious effort.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Kane on this roster, does nothing for me to guarantee playoffs. Also that's pure lunacy of an overpayment for a nearly 34 year old Patrick Kane. Pass so heavily.
or save all of those assets and sign him next off season.
We traded a 2nd, 3rd, 6th and cliff pu(recent 3rd) for Skinner on the last year of his deal when we were his only destination and people called it a steal for us. 34 year old Pat Kane is still in a higher tier than Skinner was, he's worth considerably more.

I don't think the 30th or so pick this year, 40ish and 50ish picks next season are worth nearly as much as you guys think. People are offering more on the trade boards, but 50% retained.

With that said, I hope Kevyn is prioritizing goalie and RD this offseason and not Kane. But I wouldn't be upset at all if we landed Kane after getting a goalie and RD.

edit: I'm devil's advocating for Kane more than actually wanting him, for the record.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
We traded a 2nd, 3rd, 6th and cliff pu(recent 3rd) for Skinner on the last year of his deal when we were his only destination and people called it a steal for us. 34 year old Pat Kane is still in a higher tier than Skinner was, he's worth considerably more.

I don't think the 30th or so pick this year, 40ish and 50ish picks next season are worth nearly as much as you guys think. People are offering more on the trade boards, but 50% retained.

With that said, I hope Kevyn is prioritizing goalie and RD this offseason and not Kane. But I wouldn't be upset at all if we landed Kane after getting a goalie and RD.

edit: I'm devil's advocating for Kane more than actually wanting him, for the record.

That was when we also had Reinhart, Ristolainen, Eichel, and others. Different team, different scenarios outright.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad