Kane Legal Saga VI - Charges not being filed

Status
Not open for further replies.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
What's ****ed about the system is that it costs this woman nothing to drag Kane through the mud...disrupt his life...cause all sorts of aggravation and legal fees.

If a woman cries rape, and it's either found it didn't occur...it was a false accusation...they should be subject to the same level of punishment as a person would had they committed the crime.

If a woman, in any case, accuses a celebrity of sexual assault or rape and it doesn't go to court and get a conviction (which it essentially NEVER does), that woman can never live life the way she should. She will have to go into hiding for the rest of your life.

To say it costs this woman nothing is uninformed.

Yes, if there is a false accusation, there should be a severe punishment. Not quite on the level of actual rape, but close enough to deter *****es from pulling that ****.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
I don't think much of the average Chicago fan. Most that you talk to in person are meatballs.

Most SPORTS fans are meatballs.

Fans on this board are generally knowledgeable and reasonable; and therefore respectable.

...And generally very critical of how The Score handled their commentary on the Kane case.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Just a warning -- I know many people can and already did find the fathers twitter, but can we please not reveal that to the general public on this board? Keep it between PMs, and have a little respect for the man and the family, even if you disagree with what is happening.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Just a warning -- I know many people can and already did find the fathers twitter, but can we please not reveal that to the general public on this board? Keep it between PMs, and have a little respect for the man and the family, even if you disagree with what is happening.

You're right, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I mean I don't even know the accusers name. But if the dad is making threatening comments and tweeting journalists I think he's putting himself in the public sphere.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
You're right, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I mean I don't even know the accusers name. But if the dad is making threatening comments and tweeting journalists I think he's putting himself in the public sphere.

I agree. Was not really trying to call you out, and I think the man does have it coming a little bit while what he is tweeting and to whom he is tweeting at, but I just don't like the idea of the family named being completed spread across this board. Sorry if it came across as yelling or anything towards you, it was not meant that way. Just a general warning to the board in hopes of keeping some respect in this situation.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I agree. Was not really trying to call you out, and I think the man does have it coming a little bit while what he is tweeting and to whom he is tweeting at, but I just don't like the idea of the family named being completed spread across this board. Sorry if it came across as yelling or anything towards you, it was not meant that way. Just a general warning to the board in hopes of keeping some respect in this situation.

No it's cool, you're right.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Unless it's proven without a doubt that she fabricated it, she should be left out from punishment (by law and by the public).

If the odds of Kane being innocent are, let's say 99%, that would still means that she'd have a legitimate chance of being innocent. So in that respect, I agree with the mods. Her name shouldn't be so easily accessible on a forum.

Her dad, however, is a complete ******* who would be outed in this thread (by me) if he didn't share the same name as the accused.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Kane needs to move his ass out of Buffalo before this father does something stupid.

If any are curious about the twitter name, feel free to contact me provided you can be respectful with that knowledge.

SUPER EDIT: The father's twitter account has since been closed. You can still see posters responding to the now vacant account if you search the name on twitter, but going to his account page will leave you with nothing. If any are still curious who it was, feel free to pm me.

Last edited:

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Back to media accounts.

I followed the link to the SI article.

For those not in Chicago, Tim Baffoe is a punch line on a number of forums. He's a grown man who delivers pizzas (honestly) and is less then genuine about his education.

That said, the comments section of the article features some of the BEST commentary on this case I've seen anywhere - from comments about letting our very expensive criminal justice system do its work to the myth of 'male privilege' when it comes to the judicial system to the nebulous definitions of 'sexual assault' to the overall dross that is modern feminism.

Incredibly well done.

Back to hockey - let's call it like it is. Will Patrick Kane is playing with an excellent line versus years prior, he's also playing on a team with much lesser talent (rookies, AHLers, castoffs) and...

He's playing the best damn hockey of his career! Imagine if this all went away but it was still in his head ala Sharp of last year or Frank Thomas of the White Sox when he went through his divorce.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I was thinking the same exact thing. Good lord.
I ain't that good. :sarcasm:

Unless it's proven without a doubt that she fabricated it, she should be left out from punishment (by law and by the public).

If the odds of Kane being innocent are, let's say 99%, that would still means that she'd have a legitimate chance of being innocent. So in that respect, I agree with the mods. Her name shouldn't be so easily accessible on a forum.

Her dad, however, is a complete ******* who would be outed in this thread (by me) if he didn't share the same name as the accused.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Kane needs to move his ass out of Buffalo before this father does something stupid.

If any are curious about the twitter name, feel free to contact me provided you can be respectful with that knowledge.
I agree. There's a difference between drawing a conclusion misinformed and actively seeing to ruin someone's life and reputation through perjury. Unfortunately when it comes to sex crimes it's a minefield because on one hand you want people who have been sexually assaulted (on all levels) to feel like they can come forward and report their crimes, but on the other hand you also need to make sure that justice happens based on facts and not purely the accusation or media innuendo.

The populace however sees everything as black/white on issues like that--irrespective of whether or not they already made of their minds over innocence or guilt in the absence of concrete evidence. That's where stuff like "Gold Digger" and Rape Culture" get slung around life feces at a political debate.

Cooler heads always prevail.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
If a woman, in any case, accuses a celebrity of sexual assault or rape and it doesn't go to court and get a conviction (which it essentially NEVER does), that woman can never live life the way she should. She will have to go into hiding for the rest of your life.

To say it costs this woman nothing is uninformed.

Yes, if there is a false accusation, there should be a severe punishment. Not quite on the level of actual rape, but close enough to deter *****es from pulling that ****.

I'm biased cause I had a friend falsely accused of rape and he got kicked out of school for it, even after the woman admitted she had fabricated the story due to a faulty conscience. That was 20-some years ago and this day and age it seems to be happening more and more, where innocent men's lives are trashed even if charges are found to be completely false or baseless.

We keep hearing about all these women's rights movements, etc. but why doesn't something happen for these people who fabricate events to destroy a life?

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
I'm biased cause I had a friend falsely accused of rape and he got kicked out of school for it, even after the woman admitted she had fabricated the story due to a faulty conscience. That was 20-some years ago and this day and age it seems to be happening more and more, where innocent men's lives are trashed even if charges are found to be completely false or baseless.

We keep hearing about all these women's rights movements, etc. but why doesn't something happen for these people who fabricate events to destroy a life?
Wow, that's a rough one.

The problem is while it is hard to prove a rape occurred, it is even harder to prove for a fact that the woman lied.

Hope your friend has recovered from that bs.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW

The reason/excuse commonly heard is that if there was a steep punishment for someone falsely accusing rape, then people who are raped would be less likely to report if they fear a reprisal is possible.

Personally, I think if you hold true that everyone is innocent until proven guilty (something few people have done in the case of the whole Kane Debacle), then it has to hold both for the crime of rape and the crime of deliberately falsely accusing someone of rape when they know they didn't do it to you.

Therein lies the rub. Those who promote the idea of "rape culture" seem to as a rule not be able to differentiate between a deliberate false accusation, and a case of mistaken identity. IMHO there's a huge difference.

In the case of your buddy, yes, that woman should have been charged with a crime if it was proven that she (a) knew she wasn't raped and fingered him for any reason or (b) was raped and intentionally fingered him while knowing that he wasn't indeed her rapist.

Conversely though, if a person is raped, and given the behavior of someone that night thatleads them to believe that XXX person attacked them (and they quality that by saying they couldn't positively identify their attacker, but because of XX, YYY, and ZZZ actions/behaviors they feel that person might have been the one to attack them; then no, they shouldn't be charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad