Kane Legal Saga VI - Charges not being filed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Yes. It was a scam from the beginning.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. We're unlikely to ever learn the truth, and those who presumed his guilt hopefully learned a lesson about not rushing to judgment. But at the same time, it's both scary and quite sad that people who right off the bat called her a liar (while knowing no facts) are now patting themselves on the back.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The only sad thing is that Kane is the victim in all of this.
and
That real rape vicitms are questioned because of scams like this.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Unofficial news stories regarding the Kane case should not be taken as gospel. Didn't we already learn that lesson? There's no urgency to get ahead of the official announcement - whenever it will come.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Assuming he is innocent and that's why this is all starting to fade away, I will be glad to hopefully see this come to a close.

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014
The only sad thing is that Kane is the victim in all of this.
and
That real rape vicitms are questioned because of scams like this.

Nobody will ever know the truth for sure. Just because she withdrew does not tell the whole story. I hate when people just assume Kane is the victim in all of this:shakehead

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Nobody will ever know the truth for sure. Just because she withdrew does not tell the whole story. I hate when people just assume Kane is the victim in all of this:shakehead

He is obviously the victim in all of this.

But, you've been against him since day 1 of this investigation so I'm not that surprised you are still holding onto your bias no matter how silly it sounds now.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Hopefully the DA's office will finally speak after Sedita's election tonight to verify the case is being dropped and everyone can get closure here.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

But, you've been against him since day 1 of this investigation so I'm not that surprised you are still holding onto your bias no matter how silly it sounds now.

There's really no need to hold grudges against posters for reacting to this story differently than you at various points of the case.

Even now we have next to no confirmed facts and the media still publishing reports based on anonymous sources. it's just those sources are feeding info to reporters that indicates positive developments for Kane now.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. We're unlikely to ever learn the truth, and those who presumed his guilt hopefully learned a lesson about not rushing to judgment. But at the same time, it's both scary and quite sad that people who right off the bat called her a liar (while knowing no facts) are now patting themselves on the back.

It's equally scary and sad that folks like you have leaned heavily towards Kane being guilty, simply because some supposed victim said so. I know you'll deny that, but that is how you and a few others on this board have come across.

If Kane were actually guilty I doubt he could have shaken it off so easily - and be able to perform on and off the ice the way he has. His mannerisms and attitude have not varied one iota and are in fact one of the few things that has remained consistent through this entire farce since August.

Last edited:

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida

"obviously"

unless you were there that night you can't say for sure what happened. I'm not saying Kane is guilty but ignoring the possibilities this case presents is indicative of a larger problem.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
"obviously"

unless you were there that night you can't say for sure what happened. I'm not saying Kane is guilty but ignoring the possibilities this case presents is indicative of a larger problem.

I think this case is a bad example for someone to hang there hat on the theory that victims get treated unfairly or don't get their just do.

This family tried to cheat the investigation. Let's not forget this. I know they claimed the victim was unaware, but I don't believe it. And even if she was, she would have been watching her attorney's press conference where he was grandstanding with the 'evidence bag', and would/should have called him immediately to clear up the truth. That didn't happen, did it? Why not? Because she was right in the middle of that lie maybe?

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I dont believe for a second that the accuser didnt know about the bag scheme.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
It was easy to see from the beginning, and even clearer now. Kane is the only victim here. He wasn't the first, and won't be the last.

Really? Please expound on the information you had on day one of the investigation which afforded you this keen insight?

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
It's equally scary and sad that folks like you have leaned heavily towards Kane being guilty, simply because some supposed victim said so. I know you'll deny that, but that is how you and a few others on this board have come across.

While I certainly admonished those who called her a liar based on nothing other than Kane being rich, I advocated waiting for facts before presuming anything. How vacuous must your thought processes be to conflate patience with a presumption of guilt?

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015
If the rumor about the accuser refusing to cooperate is true, I think it hurts Kane from a PR perspective. The way the case was going, with the leaked DNA results and the evidence bag shenanigans, it seemed that the court of public opinion was turning in his favor. Even if Sedita had released only a simple written statement saying his office was dropping the investigation, that would have closed the matter in a way where any reasonable person would conclude that Kane was innocent.

However, if the accuser now suddenly refuses to cooperate with the DA, that opens up a whole new can of conspiracy theories about her being paid off and it gives Kane-haters more ammunition. It doesn't close the case, it makes it go away and with that there will be more doubt than there would have been had the DA closed it first :(

Last edited:

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois

If Kane were actually guilty I doubt he could have shaken it off so easily - and be able to perform on and off the ice the way he has. His mannerisms and attitude have not varied one iota and are in fact one of the few things that has remained consistent through this entire farce since August.

Nobody wants him to be guilty, or get found guilty. A lot of people have used this situation as a launching pad to make it clear the issues society has against rape victims.

We don't know if Kane is innocent or guilty. He will likely get off without losing money or going to jail. Good for him.

If the victim lied and isn't a victim of anything, I'd like to see her get in trouble. However that is nearly impossible to prove. I think it looks bad on the victim now, and this is exactly why women that are raped don't come out.

I have a feeling this case was bs, but I don't know.

One thing I do know, if I was raped and couldn't prosecute or get money, I would absolutely try to fix the case the way the mother attempted to (it was idiotic, but something like that would drive someone nuts.)

So in closing, I clearly lean towards Kane at this point, but that is all it is. I will never know, nor will anyone else unless the fabrication of the rape story is proven.

MR2010

Sep 4, 2015
If the rumor about the accuser refusing to cooperate is true, I think it hurts Kane from a PR perspective. :(

From the Buffalo News:

The alleged victim spoke to investigators at the District Attorney’s Office at length last week, and after that, signed a document called an “affidavit declining prosecution,” which is now under consideration by District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III, one of the sources said.

She bailed only after a lengthy interview. That says a lot to me. Keep in mind her own attorney said that she was fully cooperating all along and met with the DA whenever she was called upon.

I do see your point about PR perspective but I am hoping the DA makes a statement concerning this investigation should these reports be true (and I am leaning on they are) that sheds more light on the facts.

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014

How is he obviously the victim in all of this? Were you at his house that night? I haven't been against him at all, and for anyone to take either side in all of this is people just being ignorant. Try and understand

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014

:laugh:

Are you a psychologist now?

How do you know this was a farce?

To take either side is stupid

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
While I certainly admonished those who called her a liar based on nothing other than Kane being rich, I advocated waiting for facts before presuming anything. How vacuous must your thought processes be to conflate patience with a presumption of guilt?

I think you well know that we'll never know the facts, hence, you continue to post in this thread with an underlying tone that Kane is not innocent.

You can advocate (so called) patience all you wish but if you truly meant that you wouldn't post here at all after speaking your piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad