Injury Report: Kane Held out to Prevent Infection to Hand [mod]

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
The hand injury situation wasn't a part of that later discussion. The later discussion was about trade rumours swirling around and Kane's name being part of them. RR just said that he could see the team trading Kane because he had some Doubts about Kane's off-ice antics...

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Rick Ralph said other stuff during the buildup to the game yesterday. For example he said something to the effect of him not seeing Kane being part of the Jets future as he didn't think Jets should keep a player who skips skating due to a hand injury.
Yup. He definitely suggested that not skating was a reason that Kane doesn't "fit". Said it yesterday.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Ralph stated (and I'm paraphrasing) 'Why couldn't Kane be out there with a non contact jersey?' Why would he specifically say something about non contact jersey if he was not implying that Kane should be practicing?

nic16

Jan 7, 2014
Considering the circumstances I personally have zero issue with Kane taking a couple of "maintenance" days.

And after the way the team played v the Yotes, I bet Kane can't wait to get back into the lineup.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
You would have to be crazy to think that (of all people) Kane would want to miss a practice, a workout or a game.

I don't know of a hockey player who wants to play more than him.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
If Kane's paw- specifically his knuckle(s) have an open cut - the risk of infection is significant. Stitching it closed would speed up the recovery but a stitch(s) on a knuckle joint could open up quite easily depending on location and type of cut(straight, tear, etc). He can maintain his conditioning but without holding a stick. Hate the fact Kane did this to himself but I admire his heart for sticking up for a fellow teammate. He continues to impress me this year.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
Really depends on the severity of the cut and how quickly Kane heals. In some instances you can't stitch the skin on a knuckle- skin too. thin. Tons of wound closure possibilities out there which I know the med staff should be aware of. You could also put Kane on a prophylactic course of anti-biotic that reduce the risk of an infection. I would bet that if this happened during a playoff series you would see Kane in the line up and you would not hear a peep from management on location of injury. Tough to say without looking at the injury but this is my informed opinion on cuts of this nature.

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
He got cut. You don't want a newly stitched hand to go anywhere near a hockey glove. Dirtiest place for a hand to go.

You haven't ventured far around the internet, have you? :sarcasm:

I'm glad they are being cautious. Better to sit out 2-3 games being careful then to come back to early, having a set back and missing 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Heh, methinks Ralphie has been reading the forums here. He addressed and sorta clarified his position re: Kane at the start of his show today...:)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@DarrinBauming: Paul Maurice describes Evander Kane's hand injury as "a deep cut" and "I want that thing healed before he comes back" #NHLJets

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
@DarrinBauming: Paul Maurice describes Evander Kane's hand injury as "a deep cut" and "I want that thing healed before he comes back" #NHLJets

Doesn't saying what exactly the injury is (even if everybody already knows) go against TSNE's "never disclose anything at anytime ever" policy?

Having Kane sit and heal when we wants to get going should serve as enough of a message to him to not punch people in the helmet. Though he is named after a boxer so who knows...

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Doesn't saying what exactly the injury is (even if everybody already knows) go against TSNE's "never disclose anything at anytime ever" policy?

Having Kane sit and heal when we wants to get going should serve as enough of a message to him to not punch people in the helmet. Though he is named after a boxer so who knows...

Perhaps that was Noel's policy. That along will almost never identifying the starting goalie.

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
Perhaps that was Noel's policy. That along will almost never identifying the starting goalie.

Possible, but TSNE and Chevy seem to have a very close to the vest way of doing things.

At least when its clearly stated what the injury or issue is, it limits the medias ability to wildly speculate and twist things.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Yeah too bad the cut wasn't on his ear!:sarcasm:

Sabs*

He should rest up so he's all healed for his three week vacation during the Olympics. Don't want to get his card hand infected for vegas

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
He should rest up so he's all healed for his three week vacation during the Olympics. Don't want to get his card hand infected for vegas

Welcome to the boards!

And sure thing let that hand heal up. I've been longing for another money phone pic. Least this time it will be lockout appropriate.

--------------

Here's to hoping Kaner is back soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad