Kane for Hart Trophy?

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
Personally for me if Kane finishes in the top 5 in points and decently close to whoever finishes #1 and the Blackhawks make the playoffs it is hard to create an argument for him not getting it.

The Blackhawks roster lacks a lot. It is almost entirely inexperienced and lacks a lot to provide Kane with aid in putting up points. They have a bunch of defenceman hovering around the 8 point mark but no good assistance for offence from the back end. Forward wise he has Debrincat who is having a hell of a season but after that Kubalik is the next top scorer.

Currently he sits 6 points behind McDavid for #1. If the season ended today both teams are in the playoffs and I can't think of a reason why McDavid or any other players deserves the Hart above him.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Just realized Kane's height was changed from 5'11 to 5'10 on hockeydb this year, has that ever happened before??

Reactions: COHawk

Amazinmets73

Dec 1, 2015
No way he deserves it. Doubt he'd get it if voting were held today, but he'd likely be a finalist.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Unbelievable what he is still doing on this Hawks team! This guy is just carrying them!
I rolled my eyes when I saw this thread....then remembered I had the same thought about it while looking at Chicago's place in the standings. Honestly though Kevin Lankinen deserves it more in my opinion. Preseason everyone outside of Chicago predicted they'd be racing the Wings to the bottom, mainly because of their goaltending tandem and Lankinen has been going full Binnington for the Hawks this year. I wouldn't put him in Vezina running, but in terms of team impact - if the Hawks make the playoffs (especially if higher than 4th seed!) then he has my vote for Hart trophy.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Kane is the best wing in the league and has been for years. Hawks fell off and people just forgot. I always laugh when I lists with guys like Pasta or Kuch ranked above him. Both are great players but I just can’t help it when I imagine Kane playing next to Bergeron/Marchand or Stamkos/Point/etc.

Reactions: wahsnairb

YYC

Feb 23, 2015
If they make the playoffs, he will win based on the precedent set when Hall won by putting NJ on his back. What a player. I honestly enjoy watching him play more than anyone else in the league. Sure McD is fast and has all the McD powers. Kane is just a different kind of skill....Its just so calculated. His hands think faster than the players around him.

Reactions: wahsnairb

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kane is the best wing in the league and has been for years. Hawks fell off and people just forgot. I always laugh when I lists with guys like Pasta or Kuch ranked above him. Both are great players but I just can’t help it when I imagine Kane playing next to Bergeron/Marchand or Stamkos/Point/etc.

Kane is currently playing like the best in the league, and he also was at different times years ago, but in between he has had some uninspired seasons where he isn't that good.

If they make the playoffs, he will win based on the precedent set when Hall won by putting NJ on his back. What a player. I honestly enjoy watching him play more than anyone else in the league. Sure McD is fast and has all the McD powers. Kane is just a different kind of skill....Its just so calculated. His hands think faster than the players around him.

Thinking much faster than others is definitely an attribute of both players. I'd be careful with the "Hall precedent". Nobody that year was nearly as good as McDavid is now. He's taken a big step in his all-around play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad