Confirmed with Link: K'Andre Miller Suspended 3 Games

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
No-brainer for DoPS. No one should have an issue with this. Accident or not, you can't be spitting on people and the precedent was pretty clearly set.

Reactions: trilobyte

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Sucks but it’s the precedent so it was expected. Even as an accident, spitting a giant loogie when you’re in a scrum is just idiotic.

The worst part is now we won’t have K’Andre when we meet Boston this Saturday.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah I don't really have a problem with spitting being a three-game suspension, and I don't even really care that Stammer got off the hook completely--because as we know, the league is all over the f***ing map on what is and isn't punishable.

The part that I don't like is we routinely see intentional physical acts that are far more dangerous go unpunished, or receive minimal punishment. Let's have some proportionality for these things; if we're okay with spitting being three games (and again, I am) then dangerous hits/checks/slashes/etc. should be getting five games, minimum.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Ok with the suspension 100%.

But things like the cross check to Mottes face, which happened to a different team last week too (Oshie?) has got to be suspendable. Just because a guy isn't injured that moment doesn't mean they should let it go. The visual of being spit on is worse for the league for a cross check to the face of back of the head, unless an injury occurs. All they care about is PR and how it looks on social media. That's what gets me annoyed.

Reactions: bhamill and gabevh3

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
See K'andre, should have learned from Buch:

Would have saved himself two games.

Better yet, taking from his old teammate again, crosscheck a guys ankle with intent to injure!

Then you only have to give up pocket change!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad