Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
We should have some inspirational quote about patience stickied in this thread.

Miller is going to have his struggles in the AHL, much less the NHL. Let him get there in his own time.

That’s fine but we shouldn’t complain about 1 more year of Staal / / Smith then ... it’s not like a UFA is much better .....Atleast Miller is here next season , Robertson isn’t AHL

Is Jones in the same boat are can he pull a Fox ?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That’s fine but we shouldn’t complain about 1 more year of Staal / / Smith then ... it’s not like a UFA is much better .....Atleast Miller is here next season , Robertson isn’t AHL

Is Jones in the same boat are can he pull a Fox ?

As in "refuse to sign and force a trade"? Sure, any player in college can do that as they are not forced to re-enter the draft like CHL players

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
As in "refuse to sign and force a trade"? Sure, any player in college can do that as they are not forced to re-enter the draft like CHL players

I was thinking more like a college player stepping right in and playing at the NHL Level

I’m for letting the kids play in the minors we just have to be patient and no complaining if a vets still here.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I was thinking more like a college player stepping right in and playing at the NHL Level

I’m for letting the kids play in the minors we just have to be patient and no complaining if a vets still here.

Oh. Gotcha. I guess it depends on how long he is in college and how he develops. Fox making the jump after 3 years and transitioning so smoothly is an anomaly. I expect Jones and Robertson to be NHL regulars in 2023-24. They may make the jump a bit earlier, but not necessarily full season players until 23-24. Defensemen just take longer to develop.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I have Robertson over Miller and Jones, and behind Nils.

But at the end of the day, all four are really good prospects right now. And that's just great, ya know?

Yeah, it's nice to finally have prospects who are worth something. I remember the days we were excited about Andrew Yogan and Michael St Croix. Honestly, the one who we can most afford to bust is Lundkvist with our right side set for now. Having the other 3 on the left is just nice. Imagine if those 3 just work out and we turn into the Predators of the east, producing NHL caliber D-men regularly?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Yeah, it's nice to finally have prospects who are worth something. I remember the days we were excited about Andrew Yogan and Michael St Croix. Honestly, the one who we can most afford to bust is Lundkvist with our right side set for now. Having the other 3 on the left is just nice. Imagine if those 3 just work out and we turn into the Predators of the east, producing NHL caliber D-men regularly?
Sean Day! (Too soon?)

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Uncle Larry had that article with the Rangers as the next dynasty. Miller could be the lynchpin. The skating ability is there, stifling offense in the neutral zone. He has offensive ability, the most exciting part may be the physicality. Already filling out at 20, where will he be in 5 years? Number one at the combine at both right and left grip strength. Miller at full man strength can be the most frightening player in the league. Even goons wouldn’t want to mess with him.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Uncle Larry had that article with the Rangers as the next dynasty. Miller could be the lynchpin. The skating ability is there, stifling offense in the neutral zone. He has offensive ability, the most exciting part may be the physicality. Already filling out at 20, where will he be in 5 years? Number one at the combine at both right and left grip strength. Miller at full man strength can be the most frightening player in the league. Even goons wouldn’t want to mess with him.
Dynasty talk is crazy. There’s not even a good chance this team wins one cup. Even if all our prospects pan out, which has a near zero percent chance of happening, it’s no guarantee.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Part of me hopes that the Rangers can see and work with the gifts and abilities Miller has right now rather than stifle them in an attempt to get him to play a specific way.

Like...if he can't control the neutral zone like he's done so well at up to this point and instead they make him back in and focus on playing D in his own zone, we may see a lot of wasted potential.

Of course some of that also has to do with how the team as a whole can run their defense

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com

Ugh... remember when we were all trying to will Evgeny Grachev into being an NHL player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad