Kakko vs Svechnikov

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's very close. I'll go with Svechnikov, but there's not a big difference between the two. I think Svechnikov might get the advantage due to superior skating speed and goal-scoring ability, but this is close to 50/50. I wouldn't make much of Kakko's slow start to his NHL career either.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What slow start?

It’s been 2 games with Strome as his center.

It's still a slow start. I didn't say anything beyond its a slow start, but let's not act as if its not a slow start. He's looked pretty average in preseason and regular season so far.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The real answer is nobody knows yet. It's been 2 games you should've waited a bit longer for part 2

True enough but I predict that Svechnikov will have the better career of the 2 players, not that Kakko won't be very good also.

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
I think Svechnikov might have the higher ceiling but I really like how well-rounded Kakko is as a player. If I had to choose one for my team I'd probably go with Kakko.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
I think Svechnikov might have the higher ceiling but I really like how well-rounded Kakko is as a player. If I had to choose one for my team I'd probably go with Kakko.

Lol if something it is other way around. There is a reason why many people compare Svech to Hossa even pre draft. Probably his ceiling is higher too though

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
The only reason people were picking Kakko was the shiny new toy syndrome. Svech is an amazing talent that will be on full display this season. Props to Brindy for bringing him up the right way. Let him earn his time, and work on his defensive game before he took the reigns off.
Yep.
Svech was playing with Staal and McGinn early in the season. Last year he was on the third line for much of the year. Rod finally moved him up to play with Aho and its paying off.
Now if only Aho can shake the monkey off his back. He has been playing great, but the puck isn't going in the goal.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
upload_2019-11-2_14-52-4.jpeg

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad