Kaiden Guhle having DoPS hearing for slash (spear?) on Travis Konecny from the bench (suspended 1 game)

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
With the general consensus here being 3-5 games, I suppose we should be glad that the Dept of Random Justice actually suspended him for a game.

(I was thinking two would be good/appropriate message to send, ah well)

BB79

Apr 30, 2011

I'm amazed he did this with the ref standing right next to the guy he was slashing. That alone earned him a game :laugh: If he was on the ice it probably would have only been a 2 minute minor, the fact that he was on the bench is the only reason we're here

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Matthew Tkachuk was previously suspended for 1 game for spearing Matt Martin from the bench, so the precedent was already set.

You can spear Matthew Tkachuk from the bench? Surely the same standards apply equally. Again, how are players not taking advantage of this!?

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
You can spear Matthew Tkachuk from the bench? Surely the same standards apply equally. Again, how are players not taking advantage of this!?
Do you think players scheme in the locker room on how to injure the other team's best guys and get away with it?

Have you ever played any organized sports in your life?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Do you think players scheme in the locker room on how to injure the other team's best guys and get away with it?

Have you ever played any organized sports in your life?

My point is that they should be, based on the punishment. I know they don’t, thanks for the condescending tone there bud, but you kinda missed my point. 99% of guys don’t because they aren’t sociopaths, but the league should actually disincentivize dirty bullshit, that’s all.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
He/she/it probably making reference to Laviolette’s « famous » comment: « Montreal typical ». You had a ref and a linesman right there who say they didnt see a thing. A 5 and a misconduct would have impacted the game way more than a 1-game suspension vs a different team.

I might be wrong but thats how i read « typical ».

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
That would've netted him 10 games...
guhle had his chance after the inital hit and another one after a whistle when they were jawing at each other on the ice. it would have only been a 5m major and maybe an instigator. 10 games only becomes a factor if he jump on the ice as an extra man.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It's sad that a Habs fan would think that.
Its idiotic to think the Habs would suspend him. Unless you were trying to be f?? lol

Live that there is an edge to Guhle. He will learn to control it and use as motivation.

Guhle and Xhekaj oh my! Devils could use a talented player with a mean streak to handle big bad Rempe the jersey killer! ;)

Reactions: viceroy

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Its idiotic to think the Habs would suspend him. Unless you were trying to be f?? lol

Live that there is an edge to Guhle. He will learn to control it and use as motivation.

Guhle and Xhekaj oh my! Devils could use a talented player with a mean streak to handle big bad Rempe the jersey killer! ;)
Its hilarious that you and others are freaking out over my suggestion of him getting sat one game in order to give a tiny bit of tough love.

You want him to "Learn to control it" well its called the carrot and the stick. It works!

The Habs teams no matter how good or bad they were always seemed to have a good leadership core that kept the team disciplined, It was a thing I admired.

Guess its something that isn't seen as a priority for Habs fans of your ilk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad