Confirmed with Link: Kadri suspended rest of Round 1

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Evaluation time...

Needs to learn to use his fists instead of his stick.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I've never seen a suspension like that before. I always thought a suspension during the season should be against that team to give them and advantage. For example, if Evander Kane gets a 10 game suspension, how does that help the team he played against.

Trust someone whose career was ended with a brain injury to invent a stupid suspension like this. Yes, repeat offender, but when you look at the context of out of control WWF style officiating and the dirtiness DeBrusk was dishing out, I think something less severe was warranted.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Screams of amateur hour that they didn't attach a damn number to it.
I dunno about that.

One of the most famous suspensions ever was also for an indefinite number of games.

In 1955 Clarence Campbell suspended Rocket Richard for the balance of the season and the playoffs. It prompted a riot; caused Richard to lose the scoring title by one point to his teammate Boom Boom Geoffrion; lead to the Canadiens losing first place to the Red Wings; and with home-ice advantage the Red Wings defeated the Canadiens in the seven-game 1955 Stanley Cup final in which the home team won every game.

However, the Canadiens avenged that loss by winning the next five consecutive Stanley Cups.

So, the indefinite suspension does have precedent.

Maybe without that suspension the Habs might have won six in a row?

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
What a joke this league is - not justifying Kadri, but there were quiet a few incidents in that 2nd game that should have suspensions

Well we need to get used to this super awful officiating and one sided disciplinary committee

Last edited:
Reactions: Lilou

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
It was a blatant retaliatory crosscheck to the head, I was expecting 5 games, maybe even more. Naz got off a bit easy, especially considering his history with targeting the head. Dude needs to smarten up, and learn to be physical and intense without going too far.

On the flip side, this may be good for the team. Kadri can’t seem to keep a level head against the Bruins, and his penalties can really hurt us.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
kadri is his own worst enemy. If he just played hockey, and shut his mouth he’d be much better off for it.

Instead, teams seem to gain motivation from his antics... and refs seem to put their whistles away when there is a target on his back.

Sure very talented, but sometimes I wonder if the package that he brings is more of a deterrent to his team then a positive.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
kadri is his own worst enemy. If he just played hockey, and shut his mouth he’d be much better off for it.

Instead, teams seem to gain motivation from his antics... and refs seem to put their whistles away when there is a target on his back.

Sure very talented, but sometimes I wonder if the package that he brings is more of a deterrent to his team then a positive.

I think we are past the point of wondering.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I've never seen a suspension like that before. I always thought a suspension during the season should be against that team to give them and advantage. For example, if Evander Kane gets a 10 game suspension, how does that help the team he played against.
I agree, and that is just what they did here. Smart, and that may be the first time I've said that about the league office.

They want him out for the rest of the Boston series. That's why I figured five games, which is also reasonable considering he got three last year.

This way, he is out for this series, but nothing more. If we lose this series, even in three (now four), it doesn't carry over to next year. If we win the next two games, he's back, after only serving three.

Lenovs

Worst Pace Scenario
Oct 3, 2018
Vienna
it's not that kadri wouldn't deserve a suspension, but the fact that others get away with a 5.000$ fine or 1 game. nhl is an effing joke.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Keep winning boys! Would be exciting to see Naz play again in these playoffs. He'll be one Hungry Beast from the Middle East.

Reactions: Kurtz

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I was bracing myself for worse so I'm pretty happy.

I'm ever more happy we won and therefore there's a good chance Kadri gets a chance at redemption.

I also can't help but have this thought cross my mind (however briefly) - can you imagine if he comes back and gets suspended again?

I said it last year, they should get Kadri help with anger management, get him a team of sports psychologists, do whatever it takes to prevent this from happening again and I'd really like to know - did they do this? If they did, then there's a really good case for trading him because Kadri's obviously a player they can't count on. If however they didn't, then management dropped the ball here big time.

I wish I knew, I really do.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Given the minimal nature of the suspension it’s quite obvious the dop must sympathize with Kadri somewhat. Parros as a former enforcer probably took exception to how disrespectful DeBrusk’s hit on Marleau was and cut Kadri some slack.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Given the minimal nature of the suspension it’s quite obvious the dop must sympathize with Kadri somewhat. Parros as a former enforcer probably took exception to how disrespectful DeBrusk’s hit on Marleau was and cut Kadri some slack.

And the obvious missed elbow and knee on knee.

Either way, Kadri deserved a long suspension and I agree that he got off a little easy.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Stupid move of Kadri’s part given his history. Should have just dropped the gloves.

The issue I have is that this whole affair was brought up by the terrible refs losing control of this game. The knee on Kadri should have been called and both benches warned even though it was mainly the Bruins pulling this shit.

This is why we need a player like Reeves on our team.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The severity of the play has been exaggerated. It was suspendable. It wasn't a swing of a stick. It wasn't a targeted sucker punch. It wasn't a glancing elbow. Scanning my memory bank it's always a glancing elbow/shoulder, a swung stick, a knee hit, a sucker punch, a slash that actually injures a player. This just looked really terrible.

Stacker29

Feb 17, 2015
It was a dangerous play.

If he had of just fought DeBrusk, like Ovechkin did with Svechnikov, there would have been no risk to anyone.

Now he’s going to be well rested for the Bluejackets series. Uh oh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad