Kadri "officially" our 2nd line centre + new line combos

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
That is why I think our 1st line PP should be:

Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
Phaneuf-Frattin

Seriously. Teams that throw a 4th forward out there when we play them, I always get the "they know what their doing" vibe.

Not to mention Frattin has a bomb, and has played PP on D while in College.

It is the teams that have the most options on the PP that score - Everyone of those guys can make the play.....So you cant just iso Kessel on the wall and kill us off easily.

If throwing a 4th forward on the PP was all it takes to be successful, everyone would do it.

A d pair can be deadly if they mesh properly. See McCabe - Kaberle in '05-06

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Grabo looked good with JvR
Kessel is good with Lupul
Kadri looked good with Frattin

Maybe thats to obvious for Randy who I am starting to Loathe because of crap like this and Holzer and right handed D, lets just reinvent the wheel again

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
What happened to Kessel and Lupul? I'm really interested in that pairing after last season...

Good for Kadri though. He's been having a great season and deserves some more minutes.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
If throwing a 4th forward on the PP was all it takes to be successful, everyone would do it.

A d pair can be deadly if they mesh properly. See McCabe - Kaberle in '05-06
:laugh:
/Obviously.

However, when you have Kadri and Frattin showing chemistry and Lupul and Kessel being familiar. Why not give it a try? Those 4 are our most lethal players, having them on the ice at the same time would open up a ton of opportunities. It's not like we have a McCabe-Kabby tandem set up on the D atm.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
:laugh:
/Obviously.

However, when you have Kadri and Frattin showing chemistry and Lupul and Kessel being familiar. Why not give it a try? Those 4 are our most lethal players, having them on the ice at the same time would open up a ton of opportunities. It's not like we have a McCabe-Kabby tandem set up on the D atm.

maybe but if any forward should be playing the point it should be Kadri... and between Phaneuf and Franson on D it should be Franson. Franson has an accurate shot and can move the puck better then Phaneuf. I would actually prefer Liles on the PP over Phaneuf, and Gardiner too. Phaneuf has a big shot but it isn't as accurate as it was in Calgary and likely never will be. He's also pretty bad at moving the puck.

JVR - Lupul - Kessel
Kadri - Franson

JVR in front of the net, Lupul and Kessel on the wings, Kadri running the point, with Franson's shot available

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
Nice, I loved the Kadri-Lupul pairing. They both are high energy guys and they fed off each other. Lots of speed, lots of skill on that line.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Would like to see...

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Frattin
Mac-Mcclement-Kulemin
McLaren - Komarov - Orr

Grabo GTFO

I think Koramov - MacClement - Kulemin is a great 3rd line that will cause big problems for the opposition.
If we can get a 1c somehow or Kadri earns the top spot, I suspect either grabbo will be traded or Bozak will walk. Someone like little-big Joe will get called up and center the 4th line with hopes of eventually centering the second.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
What happened to Kessel and Lupul? I'm really interested in that pairing after last season...

Good for Kadri though. He's been having a great season and deserves some more minutes.

I think JVR being on a 40 goal pace thanks to Kessel is what happened.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
maybe but if any forward should be playing the point it should be Kadri... and between Phaneuf and Franson on D it should be Franson. Franson has an accurate shot and can move the puck better then Phaneuf. I would actually prefer Liles on the PP over Phaneuf, and Gardiner too. Phaneuf has a big shot but it isn't as accurate as it was in Calgary and likely never will be. He's also pretty bad at moving the puck.

JVR - Lupul - Kessel
Kadri - Franson

JVR in front of the net, Lupul and Kessel on the wings, Kadri running the point, with Franson's shot available

I'm sold. I'd love to test it out.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Nice, I loved the Kadri-Lupul pairing. They both are high energy guys and they fed off each other. Lots of speed, lots of skill on that line.
It was definitely the most fun line to watch that game. Not too surprising what happens when you put your most skilled center with someone who isn't Orr :laugh:. Was a good combination though with Lupul just playing like a madman and really he has the skill to take advantage of the quick Kadri passes.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm excited about having Kule with Kadri and Lupul together on one line, really adds a defensive conscience to the top 6. I think the training wheels are about to come off Nazem, RC may see him as the only viable choice at #2C as a shutdown and offensive force now and Kule gets a lot of unfair criticism for his lack of scoring, Kadri is the center that will rejuvenate his offence. Think he is about to finally get to play with a playmaking C.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
So if Grabo is playing with Orr and Macarthur, he now has a chance to do what Kadri did with these 2 same linemates now that he is no longer the shutdown C, no excuses for #84, he's got to get going, and knowing him he is due for his one or two hot streaks a year about now. Looking for something postitive from him tonight.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
So if Grabo is playing with Orr and Macarthur, he now has a chance to do what Kadri did with these 2 same linemates now that he is no longer the shutdown C, no excuses for #84, he's got to get going, and knowing him he is due for his one or two hot streaks a year about now. Looking for something postitive from him tonight.

Well, it's Frattin not Orr on that line. Yes, let's hope this gets him going... and games tomorrow, haha.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
I'm excited about having Kule with Kadri and Lupul together on one line, really adds a defensive conscience to the top 6. I think the training wheels are about to come off Nazem, RC may see him as the only viable choice at #2C as a shutdown and offensive force now and Kule gets a lot of unfair criticism for his lack of scoring, Kadri is the center that will rejuvenate his offence. Think he is about to finally get to play with a playmaking C.

criticism is warranted

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I want Frats and his scoring ability with Kadri.

Kule on the right wing of Kadri may be the tonic to solve his scoring woes, regardless he gives us the chance to match up against other top lines, new shutdown/offencive line, also frees up RC to match up Bozak's line against what line he chooses to.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
2nd highest quality of competition faced in the LEAGUE.

That's primarily because he's excellent defensively. He does well 5on5 in terms of points and he doesn'teven play on the PP. I think we're getting exactly what we want from Kulemin, but that shot is lethal when it gets off so I like the change to put him with Kadri.

(I'm not disagreeing, just adding a little).

mikebel111*

Yes, but has he played badly this year? He's not paid 5.5 nor has he had a Center to play with, RC certainly likes him, led fwds in ice time last game.

actually I think it was kadri
but yeah, point stands,
I think kulimen breaks out with kadri

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
i would give this a try:

jvr-grabo-lupul
kule-kadri-kessel
mac-bozak-frat
komorov-mcclement-orr/mclaren

Phaneuf-Franson
Gunnarson- Gardiner (needs to be up now)
Liles-Fraser

mikebel111*

i would give this a try:

jvr-grabo-lupul
kule-kadri-kessel
mac-bozak-frat
komorov-mcclement-orr/mclaren

Phaneuf-Franson
Gunnarson- Gardiner (needs to be up now)
Liles-Fraser

sounds good, defensive winger in kuli to help on that line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad