Kadri "officially" our 2nd line centre + new line combos

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
As per

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/03/18/leafs-give-nazem-kadri-a-more-prominent-role/

Kadri, along with Joffrey Lupul and Matt Frattin, wore blue jerseys at practice on Monday, which usually signifies the team’s second forward line. At the same time, Mikhail Grabovski was in red along with Clarke MacArthur and Colton Orr, while Nikolai Kulemin was in fourth-line green with Jay McClement and Leo Komarov Frazer McLaren.

“It doesn’t really matter to me what colour I’m wearing,†said Kadri. “It’s always nice to be promoted or whatnot, but at the end of the day if you’re winning or losing games it doesn’t really matter what jersey you’re wearing.â€

Nice to see him moving up. :handclap: Hopefully their line produces a lot.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think Carlyle is messing around with the colours.

Grabovski line is now the 4th line regardless of colour.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Grabovski deserves to be paired with an inferior player (Orr) just based on his play. That 4th line is nice and gritty and can chip in on the offence, albeit in a stone-hands way. Would not mind trying these out against Tampa.

TML g u n n e R s*

Grabovski deserves to be paired with an inferior player (Orr) just based on his play. That 4th line is nice and gritty and can chip in on the offence, albeit in a stone-hands way. Would not mind trying these out against Tampa.

this is such a stupid way to look at it....

i doubt orr plays with grabo on WED

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Grabovski has decided this year that he'd rather skate around the opposing net twice than pass to a teammate or shoot.

Might as well play him with Orr.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Well whatever the case is, let's hope he produces. I wonder how long will it be before Lupul and Kessel are back together.

Probably not long. Lupul, similarly to Kadri, can provide a lot more energy to any line he's on, something JvR and Kessel are both not very good at.

Lupul has just got to stay off the IR for a while.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I said in the other thread, I think Kulemin to the 4th line is genius because we've effectively just created a new shut down line with McClement and Komarov that would be infintiely more effective than Grabovski's shutdown line. This also opens up for Grabo to be offensive again - my only issue is Orr on the 3rd line.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
You guys are wetting yourselves over nothign:laugh:. Carlye himself said the lines in practice are not set in stone, they were just used in the warmup and very well could change on a whim come Wednesay. Why not sit back, stop whining and see what actually happens before claiming the sky is falling.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Mikhail Grabovski is the freezer. He turns all his wingers ice cold. Therefore, it stands to reason to pair him with Orr, since it doesn't matter.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
It'd be nice if this line can get some time on the ice.

And stop subbing Komarov/McClement onto it.

Just let them mesh together.

Darylman

Aug 1, 2009
Komarov - Mcclement - Kulemin

is actually a sick sick line. I would definitely trust them against any teams top pairing, and they can pot in a little bit of offense off the cycle game. One of our forwards having a bad game or injured? Kulemin goes up in his place. He's that talented.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You guys are wetting yourselves over nothign:laugh:. Carlye himself said the lines in practice are not set in stone, they were just used in the warmup and very well could change on a whim come Wednesay. Why not sit back, stop whining and see what actually happens before claiming the sky is falling.

who is this imaginary person you're describing here?

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Komarov - Mcclement - Kulemin

is actually a sick sick line. I would definitely trust them against any teams top pairing, and they can pot in a little bit of offense off the cycle game. One of our forwards having a bad game or injured? Kulemin goes up in his place. He's that talented.

I'm fine with that as a unit too.

Problem is Orr with Grabbo and Mac. How the heck are we supposed to get ANYTHING out of Grabbo playing with 1 linemate and a pylon? This isn't/won't help him.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
this is such a stupid way to look at it....

i doubt orr plays with grabo on WED

Why is it a stupid way to look at it? We've possibly just found our shutdown line, and the cost of it is to remove a player from a line that was struggling to begin with?
I'm fine with that as a unit too.

Problem is Orr with Grabbo and Mac. How the heck are we supposed to get ANYTHING out of Grabbo playing with 1 linemate and a pylon? This isn't/won't help him.

It's not like Grabo passes. Just let Orr truck around and create space, then Grabo comes zooming through the zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad