Kadri "officially" our 2nd line centre + new line combos

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Kule on the right wing of Kadri may be the tonic to solve his scoring woes, regardless he gives us the chance to match up against other top lines, new shutdown/offensive line, also frees up RC to match up Bozak's line against what line he chooses to.

Well i do see your point, if Kadri s line is being moved to a harder head to head match up situation.

I was looking at the (3rd line) matching.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
sounds good, defensive winger in kuli to help on that line

agreed, could also help his point production, this also gives kessel a chance to get away from top defenders, well, that depends on the other team playing its top d against jvr and lupul, either way kadri is a much better setup man then bozak, this also gives grabo a chance at an offensive role, rather then being a shutdown C

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
This setup gives plenty of opportunity for kessel and kuly to be double shifted in orr's spot on the 3rd line.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
maybe but if any forward should be playing the point it should be Kadri... and between Phaneuf and Franson on D it should be Franson. Franson has an accurate shot and can move the puck better then Phaneuf. I would actually prefer Liles on the PP over Phaneuf, and Gardiner too. Phaneuf has a big shot but it isn't as accurate as it was in Calgary and likely never will be. He's also pretty bad at moving the puck.

JVR - Lupul - Kessel
Kadri - Franson

JVR in front of the net, Lupul and Kessel on the wings, Kadri running the point, with Franson's shot available
and they start from their own end after every face off....

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
i would give this a try:

jvr-grabo-lupul
kule-kadri-kessel
mac-bozak-frat
komorov-mcclement-orr/mclaren

Phaneuf-Franson
Gunnarson- Gardiner (needs to be up now)
Liles-Fraser

I'd go:

Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JvR-Grabo-Frattin
Kuli-Mcclement-Komarov
Orr-Bozak-Macarthur

Get Bozak and Macarthur in trade talks for some upgrades on D, and finally put Grabo in a role where we can depend on him to be an offensive contributor.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
So if Grabo is playing with Orr and Macarthur, he now has a chance to do what Kadri did with these 2 same linemates now that he is no longer the shutdown C, no excuses for #84, he's got to get going, and knowing him he is due for his one or two hot streaks a year about now. Looking for something postitive from him tonight.
what's he doing tonight? :)

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
I'd go:

Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JvR-Grabo-Frattin
Kuli-Mcclement-Komarov
Orr-Bozak-Macarthur

Get Bozak and Macarthur in trade talks for some upgrades on D, and finally put Grabo in a role where we can depend on him to be an offensive contributor.
trade your 3rd and 4th line RWers

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
I'd go:

Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JvR-Grabo-Frattin
Kuli-Mcclement-Komarov
Orr-Bozak-Macarthur

that also works, ahaha either way we both agree on getting grab more offence time.

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
what's he doing tonight? :)

pineapple while his wife is spending his contract money :sarcasm:

grab_1.jpg

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Well i do see your point, if Kadri s line is being moved to a harder head to head match up situation.

I was looking at the (3rd line) matching.

Think anyone that plays with Lupul and Kulemin we can automatically assume is in a top 6 role. RC can match up top 6 line head to head against other teams, balance of scoring and defence on a line. Ideally what you hope for a is Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand line, one can shutdown and provide secondary scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad